Hiking boots

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Strigidae, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Strigidae likes this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

You are correct about solomons. I tried all they had at REI the other day and they are very nice but just not as comfortable to me as the Saucony peregrine. I have very demanding shoe requirements from all the missuse over the years. They will work for this summers shenanigans and this fall ill worry about a boot.

3. inconel710

inconel710 Member

Finding good hiking shoes in wide widths is near impossible. I really wanted to try some Salomons, but the don't make wides. I've been stuck with Merrell's and USMC boots. For less than $100, the USMC boots haven't been that bad. They're heavy, but they work.

Strigidae likes this.
  4. Rich275

Rich275 Member

If we're now looking at shoes that are suitable for hiking, I've been beating the crap out of my Merrell All Out Peak trail running shoes. They have a sort of "cleat" which makes them awesome for running rough trails. They seem to have a pretty straight cut, so no problems with them being too narrow.
    Another Merrell running shoe to look at is the All Out Crush Tough Mudder, which has drainage holes.

5. kyhunt

kyhunt Member

I know old thread, but how did you like the Danner Mountain Lights? I've been looking at them and thinking about getting them for a trip to WV in July. Pros? Cons?

6. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

They worked well for me for a long time. I never resoled them after getting solomans with a SOLE insole.

SC864 and kyhunt like this.
  7. kyhunt

kyhunt Member

Thanks.

Strigidae likes this.