Harper's Ferry and DC

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Dennis Adams, May 8, 2017.

1. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

a couple of weeks ago we drove up to DC from east TN. Spent a half day at Harper's Ferry, WV.
    It's about the halfway point on the AT. Full of history. Highly recommend.
    While in DC we visited the high points. Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WWII and Vietnam Memorials. Capitol Tour arranged through and guided by staff from Tennessee Senator Corkers office.
    Lunch at Union Station.
    High point was visiting our Nephew who is Clerking for Justice Kennedy. Had the opportunity to meet him. He toured us through and around his office. Nephew guided us through the Supreme Court Building back lot tour.
    We sat in on two cases being argued by the full Court. Judge Gorsuch' first day on the job in the courtroom.

2. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

3. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Zeek likes this.
  4. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

I haven't been to Harpers Ferry in a while. I'd like to go back. Last time I was there we took a ghost tour of the town during Halloween, that was neat. Seeing the old Armory where John Brown's raid took place is interesting also.

Dennis Adams likes this.
  5. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Zeek likes this.