handle upgrade 2 knives free

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by sparky702, Sep 20, 2018.

1. sparky702

sparky702 Member

i got the 6 a while back (and immediately fell in love!!!) with grey scales cuz i thought the od green sheath would look awesome on carhartt/dickies brown. i know it's stupid but it's mostly stupid s**** that keeps me entertained. never liked the scales even though they pretty immediately turned black.i was always planning on somewood scales but i love the feel/grip on micarta for a working blade. swapped my 5 and 6 scales and hot damn son if it didn't make both of them more ergonomic!!! stock 6 scales are noticeably thinner and didn't really fill the hand causing fatigue faster. the 1/4" 5 has thicker scales add it together and not so bad with gloves on but kinda blocky with bare hands. and i have big ass large to xl bear paws. so swapping them made a CRAZY AWESOME difference for both blades!!! (I'm not a knife maker but if anyone's listening:rolleyes:...hahaha) oh yeah that weird spot is sanded jbweld sorry esee but that bow drill divot drives me crazy not an actual hot spot but noticeably irritating every time. I'm super happy with the results and it didn't cost me nuthin!!!(technically....)i know there's swelled g10 scales but personally i just don't like the feel of g10 too synthetic and hard for me and way less grip. check out my band new old ESEE6/5 FRANKENBLADE!!! 20180920_053952.jpg 20180920_053922.jpg

IW17 and Bushman5 like this.