gun/survival shows

Discussion in 'Counterfeits and Fakes' started by Mike Perrin, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Mike Perrin

Mike Perrin Administrator Staff Member

I get about 4 of these a month . You see a 'deal' at a show somewhere and get home and either missing parts or it is counterfeit. Most times you didn't save any info on the seller like this guy did so you have no recourse.
    If you buy ESEE knives at a weekend show at the local convention center or the flea market you are , well, just stupid.
    Buy only from dealers on the list on our web site then s**t like this won't happen. To quote Lt. Aldo Raine : "If something sounds to good to be true.... it ain't." Mike

""I was at an "rk" survival show in Indianapolis and bought what I believed to be an esee izula. When I got home and opened the package it was marked 51455. The seller was milezone.com. I have one of his cards here with an email of sales@milezone.com. Thank you guys for what you do, I have an esee 6 and love it. Really upset I don't have an izula to tag along with it. ""

2. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Hey, in all fairness, I told him before he bought it to look it over and if he didn't like anything about it, he shouldn't buy it!

3. Mike Perrin

Oh, Ok, well then that makes it alright. You will be getting a visit from U.S. Customs agents buddy. Get a taste of that Federal confiscation stuff. Heh.))

4. Expat

They visit all the time. Theyre my main customers! Cheap cops. Never wanna pay full price for quality.

5. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

Not sure what the problem is. Personally I like it when I can get a full set of ESEE blades with matching serial numbers. That has to raise the value to any collector.

6. AddictedToSteel

AddictedToSteel Member

On a more serious note, we used to sell ESEEs at gun shows and unless Blue Ridge has started selling counterfeits, all of ours were legit. As ESEE says when you sign up to be a dealer, you can sometimes get a better price going through a wholesaler rather than ordering straight from ESEE. You just can't get your name on their list of dealers if you don't place a large enough initial order.

We price matched to the online retailers, except The Knife Connection. TKC sells their ESEE knives for slightly more than Blue Ridge sells them to retailers. Can't compete with that.

7. JKPirate08

JKPirate08 Member

Hmmm, from the local Indiana forums, I haven't seen or heard of anyone that actually went to that show? The rk website was hanky enough to make me avoid their show, couldn't get any info on vendors, displays, etc. just admission price and booth rental fees! As far as actual ESEE dealers, what about smaller guys who buy from distributors, anyway to not get hosed that way?

8. Expat

Mike, I did post on INGO not to buy anything from that seller and to only buy from @knife lady at a show.

9. elgatoloco

elgatoloco Member

"If something sounds to good to be true.... it ain't."

That's my number one rule, I've learned my lesson.

10. Mike Perrin

If you go to the same gun and knife show every few weekends and you get to know a seller well then by all means deal with him. But these shows are also a great place for 'drifter sellers' that you will never see again. Know who you are buying from. That's what I am saying . Mike

AddictedToSteel likes this.