Gear Deals - On Sale Now

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by jbs121s, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Ferrulewax

Ferrulewax Member

My zt 620 arrived at home yesterday, I'll have it in my hands by the end of the day.... nevermi d it wasn't the knife.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Uncle Malice likes this.
  2. MiamiC70

MiamiC70 Member

Ordered a ZT620 and have gotten absolutely nothing. Guy and I emailed back and forth a few times but I am not expecting much as communication has gone silent for a week. Opened a PayPal claim giving him every opportunity to make good.

****UPDATE: Got home tonight an what do you know a ZT620 was waiting in the mailbox! So, guy is seemingly good to go. ****

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  3. Ferrulewax

Ferrulewax Member

Change of events! I recieved a tracking email and assumed it was the knife. It was another order i had completely forgotten about. Kinda a bummer to come home expecting a knife and get some school supplies instead. :mad:

4. Tyler

Tyler Member

Target has a 12" Lodge on sale for $13 shipped. PROMO CODE: KITCHEN

5. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

Not on sale, but Omahaknife got a bunch of Gransfors axes in. Just in time for Christmas!

Slade likes this.
  6. Slade

Slade Member

SOCKS! Good merino wool socks are one of the cheaper ways to improve your quality of life. I have a bunch of different kinds, but Wigwam and Darn Tough are two of the best. Few others have lasting quality and customer base. The problem with Darn Tough is that they have a lifetime guarantee and are priced accordingly. It would take a long time to wear them out, but if you manage it, they will replace them. Darn Tough is made right here in the USA in Vermont. Wigwam also made in the USA, but only a 2 year warranty. Found a GREAT price on Darn Tough socks. They basically never go on sale. Eastern Mountain Sports has them 25% off and buy 3 get 1 free. Free shipping starts at $49. Highly recommended are the full cushion boot socks. http://www.ems.com/search?q=darn tough

Benson X likes this.
  7. Theo

Theo Member

Thanks Slade got some new socks on the way. How high are the full cushion boot socks?

Slade likes this.
  8. Slade

Slade Member

9. Benson X

Benson X Member

Good call Slade - thanks for the heads-up on this. Just ordered 8 pairs!

Slade likes this.
  10. Clown

Clown Member

Hmmmmm trying to place an order and check out but I don't see an option to pay with PayPal, only a credit card. Anyone run into this or am I missing something?

Edit---threw caution to the wind and ordered a 0620 and a Recon 1 as well via CC. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  11. MiamiC70

MiamiC70 Member

Let us know what happens. I got my ZT but not sure I would order again.

12. Slade

Slade Member

There was no PayPal when I made my purchase either. The guy running the site did contact me which was a nice added assurance. He has been monitoring this thread and saw my concern so he shot me an email. I haven't gotten the knife yet, nor have I expected to yet. There hasn't been any unusual activity with the email or credit card I used. All seems good.

He also said PayPal was trying to control what they sold on their site and that was the reason they dropped them. Not surprising if you know much about PayPal. I don't blame him for using a different company. He went on to say that the new billing only provides him with the last 4 of the card number with the payment information. All seems on the up and up to me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  13. Benson X

Benson X Member

14. Clown

Clown Member

15. Benson X

Benson X Member

LOL, for sure - I'm not a collector myself, but they do command a pretty penny! I figured someone here might be interested or on the lookout.

16. Clown

Clown Member

I wish I would have grabbed one of the brass ones of that run. I have always wanted to try one of the armor zippos.

17. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Got tracking today for the other ZT 0620. I'll let you know if it all shows up. The wait time sucks, but the price is ridiculously good... so I'll probably still place another order.

18. Giungla

Giungla Member

I'm glad people are getting them, but it's surprising. Things that are that good of a deal make me think something is up, but I guess not. I don't understand how he can sell the Recon 1 for $33 with the new steel.

19. Slade

Slade Member

20. 91bravo

91bravo Guest