Gear Deals - On Sale Now

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by jbs121s, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Giungla

Giungla Member

Thanks for the information. You know a lot more about this stuff than I ever will, but I thought you had to log into Paypal after being redirected from there site. Since they are redirecting you I worried they could pick up your password and then have access to more than just name, address, and phone number.

I'm not trying to turn anyone off from buying one. I just don't know a lot about that kind of stuff, so I'm overly cautious.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Just FYI.....

I heard back from the ESEE Main office and they say NOBODY in the ESEE Office has EVER heard of them as a dealer or re seller of ESEE Products.....

3. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

That doesn't surprise me too much if the only thing they have is an ESEE 5. Who knows where they could have gotten it? Still waiting for tracking info BTW.... I just sent an email asking when I could expect tracking info.

4. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

Let us know what you hear Malice.

5. Ferrulewax

Ferrulewax Member

Them not being heard of by Esee really doesn't say much, Esee sells to distributers who then sell esees to small shops (perhaps this one) anyone with an account with an esee distributer can sell esee knives.

6. Giungla

Giungla Member

I still haven't heard back from him from my email on Monday asking who his Kershaw distributor is.

7. Tyler

Tyler Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  8. Giungla

Giungla Member

Any updates from those who bought from that site?

9. jbs121s

jbs121s Member

I haven't contacted them, but no email update, shipping info or contact of any kind from them. I am betting I am filing a claim with paypal later this week.

10. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'll let it go all the way until Friday, I think. Since I placed my order last Friday. Even if it's legit, if they can't figure their **** out in 2 whole weeks, then I don't need them that bad. Of course, if I hear anything, I'll report back.

11. Benson X

Benson X Member

I haven't gotten any updates on my order yet.

There is (another) ESEE-5 on there now, and I noticed there is no more PayPal payment option - it's all directly through the site now.

12. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

I rarely use pay pal outside of dealing with folks in this forum and have no idea how to start a claim. Anyone care to give me some direction?

13. Benson X

Benson X Member

Login to your PayPal account, and click on the transaction/purchase. It should give you different options near the bottom:
    • Report a Problem
    • Report this as Unauthorized
    You'll probably want to select "Report a problem" and proceed from there.
    [​IMG]

Also, just FYI - I've tracked down the (personal) contact info. for the owner of UnlimitedEW. If any problems arise - he can be reported to the appropriate authorities.

jbs121s likes this.
  14. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Just an update, I spoke with him again today and told him that I was starting to get concerned since I have not yet received any shipment or tracking info. He claims that he checked my order and verified that it was good to go and that they are just running a bit behind due to the volume of orders with their special.

He told me that he would be happy to issue a refund if I wanted. I told him that I will give him until Friday to fulfill the order and after that, I will request a refund. He said that should be no problem.

Time will tell, I guess.

Benson X likes this.
  15. Benson X

Benson X Member

Thanks for the update

16. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Benson X likes this.
  17. Benson X

Benson X Member

I picked-up 2 of these during another Prime sale. Have yet to use or test them, but it's nice to have as a last resort option.

18. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

They work pretty well. 200-300 gallons of H2O. Won't filter HAV or other bugs that cause viral gastroenteritis but that is fairly low risk unless you are drinking out of a sewer I think.

19. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

O
    I have I think 4 of these now spread throughout different bags, vehicles, and emergency kits and love them for the simplicity! The only very very small issue I have with them is how the bottom cap attaches to the rest of the filter.. One that rode around in a bag everyday for almost 2 years I decided to test it and while testing it.. You are supposed to purge the filter after use by blowing into the straw. Again after 2 years of almost EDC I tested it and the end cap/ debris filter pop clean off the rest of the tube.. This was a simple fix with a couple drops of superglue on the bottom cap of all the ones I have and I have had no problems since......! SO I highly recommend them BUT I would advise a drop or 2 of superglue if your serious about it being perfect!

Benson X and DYSPHORIC JOY like this.
  20. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Hey guys, just an FYI, I went ahead and opened a dispute on my first order only so far. Explained that we were coming up on 2 weeks and I had not received any reply from the contact form and had not received the item.

Within minutes I got a reply from him.

to which I replied

Then I got...

So umm... no.

I'm trying to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt... mostly because I'm not out anything except a little time and the hopes of a couple of great knives at a killer price.... but we'll see where this goes.

jbs121s likes this.