Gear Deals - On Sale Now

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by jbs121s, Sep 14, 2016.

1. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

I pulled the trigger on one of the 620s. Hope it's legit. Used a credit card with good fraud protection and then through PayPal. So doubled up the protection against a scam.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Bushman5, Benson X and DSD like this.
  2. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

Blade HQ had those 620s listed at $300 and on sale for $189(out of stock). For 65$ (shipping included) it feels a little too good to be true......

3. Benson X

Benson X Member

I did some research too, and came up empty. I'm thinking it's a newer (< 6 months old) company, maybe a one-man website that has a stockpile of older/discontinued/cheap import stock and is losing a ton of money on stale inventory. Maybe the 50% sale is to sell off what he has and then call it quits, or try to secure more (new) inventory?

The only thing I could find was a post on SeattleGuns from someone who purchased a Kydex wallet from them. At least he got what he ordered - so that's promising :)
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.p...55cf3e7b158b&p=1380250&viewfull=1#post1380250

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  4. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

5. jbs121s

jbs121s Member

I just placed my order, make sure and post when you guys receive yours. I am very curious how this turns out. Great share. Thanks.

6. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

Kinda curious about no shipping info yet..... Time will tell. Maybe I'm just spoiled, if you take my money, at least give me an estimated ship date.

7. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

I talked to him on Sunday. He said he had a huge influx of orders so it's slightly backed up, but that everything should be shipping this week.

Being paid for via PayPal, I have no concerns about the purchase.

8. Giungla

Giungla Member

I sent an email asking him who his Kershaw distributor is and haven't heard back. If that checks out I'll gladly by from him.

9. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

They also have ESEE 5's without sheaths...... I am personally skeptical but i will see what your guys results are...

http://www.unlimitedew.com/store/p439/High_Carbon_Fixed_Blade.html

Benson X likes this.
  11. Benson X

Benson X Member

:confused: I didn't even see that on the site (still don't). Had to do a search for "fixed blade" to get it to pop-up.

The plot thickens :cool:

12. Giungla

Giungla Member

He never returned my email about his distributor.
    I don't know what the ESEE distributor price is, but I can't see how he could afford to sell them 50% off.

13. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

That's what I was thinking. I don't see them either. I've scanned the page repeatedly the blades that are actually good values.

14. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

I think that's probably still within range. I had a buddy place a military order and they have really steep discounts too. I want to say he paid $85 or so... I would imagine that distributor is cheaper than military retail, but I don't know for sure.

15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I didn't see them either BUT when i did the fixed blade search they came up thou...

I ping'd the ESEE main office to get a conformation before i make a purchase.... Initial word is it looks a little weird to them and be careful. Ill let you all know if i hear anything further...

16. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

I agree, and I think that's the consensus here. In general, it definitely seems a little weird. Like I said, being PayPal checkout gives me plenty of security in the situation, so I'm not too worried. If it was credit card based checkout, I wouldn't bother... but being PayPal, the only risk is that I have to file a dispute. So I'll maybe be bummed that I didn't get what I hoped. But I won't be out the money if it's not what I was told it was.

At this point, I'm trying to justify placing a third order... I really wish my first order would show up so I can confirm, but I have a feeling that the deal will be over before the order arrives. Boo.

17. Giungla

Giungla Member

What about identity theft or phishing? That's my main concern. I really want to take a shot, but there are too many weird things going on. I hope you all get an amazing deal.

18. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

The only thing i had to enter was shipping address and phone number. I work in IT by trade, so i'm pretty conscious of phishing attempts. And I keep a super hawk eye on my credit portfolio. I've had credit card numbers stolen before and that's no biggie, just the hassle of updating the info with whoever auto-bills from that account. These days, I have 1 specific card that I primarily use solely for online purchases from smaller places.

But thanks! I'll be sure to report back positive or negative.

JackLondon likes this.
  19. JackLondon

JackLondon Member

^^^^ ditto on all of the above. I take reports ALL day long for from folks that have been defrauded. My first thought was phishing. That's why I made sure they only had a shipping address, name, and phone number, in other words, all publicly accessible information to begin with.

The CC I used is only used for purchases like these and it being through PayPal is even better.

I did get a suspicious call from a man who identified himself as a prince......super nice guy. I always assumed royalty was stuck up.

20. jbs121s

jbs121s Member

the main flag to me is that they don't use the brand name of any knife, just a generic description with a picture of the real thing. just like albia. I'm sure it is a scam and if we get anything it will be China junk. I'm betting we don't get anything. I still ordered. Time will tell.