Form 1 Suppressor.

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Boker55, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Boker55

Boker55 Member

Finally got around to building my Form 1 suppressor. I used a Home | Pure Performance Armory kit. 7.5 inch Ti tube with 17-4 stainless heat treated stainless internals. I got my approval in about 16 days. Did my fingerprints cards at home from items ordered from Amazon.
    stamp.jpg

Here is the entire suppressor pre stamp. No holes and with the added Silencerco ASR-Bravo mount.

raw can.jpg

I used a drill jig to make sure my holes were concentric. A lathe is ideal but not always an option for the standard professional homeowner.

clean jig.jpg
    Here is the clipping jig I used. This is a Harbor Freight chainsaw sharpener with a 3D printed jig to hold my specific cups.

clip jig.jpg clip jig 2.jpg

Drill jig with cup installed. I used some thread cutting oil to help with the drilling.

drill jig.jpg

Finished can. I still need to clean up my clips but it shoots very well with my .22 and hearing safe on my mk18. I did the engraving by hand with a cheap engraver and coated it in allumahyde-2 in magpul FDE.

clipped can.jpg

mk18 can.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Boker55

Boker55 Member

Oh yeah, I did have an issue with 3 of my cups being out of spec and being too long to use the jig properly. This made my holes off center so I over bored them with a dremel. PPA never responded to my message about the out of spec parts. Honestly, I wouldn't go with them again. But they are a well known name in the form 1 game.

ESEE-Fan and Jtallen83 like this.