Fixed Xancudo Thread

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by mwramos76, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Buckeye67

Buckeye67 Member

Joined the Xancudo Xlub today. I really like the size and profile of the knife but am hoping for some different scale options in the future.

PXL_20220715_193332675.PORTRAIT.jpg

2. Stray Round

Stray Round Member

It's a great knife. I've been impressed with the shape of the blade and the performance of the steel.

Like you the scales are a tad blah. If they were black or especially orange I'd better, but both together doesn't work.

Buckeye67 likes this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I make resin scales for it. If interested send me a pm.

Kaw-liga and Buckeye67 like this.
  4. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I order a set of GITD scales from @Drew RedBear for mine. The fit and finish is stellar and they work with my aftermarket Armatus Carry Architect sheath. Couldn't be happier.

Drew RedBear and Buckeye67 like this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

6. BlueMule

BlueMule Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  7. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

8. BlueMule

BlueMule Member

I did! Thanks, I like it alot. I was pretty nervous on doing it so I practiced on a cheap folder that I got for free many years ago that I never use for anything haha. I drew the shape and length in reference from my Esee 4 and Buck 119 choils. It fits my hand really well and overall I really like the blade and handle, I just wanted to be able to choke up the blade a little further. So far so good. I'm not super hard on knives but I'm not gentle either. I carry this IWB without issue. The Izula sits more flush under my shirt but I'm not a huge fan of the handle length (I haven't tried the I2) and I like the stainless steel for the corrosion resistance. It will be accompanying me into the woods this season in search of venison seeds :p

Kaw-liga likes this.
  9. Frigin

Frigin Member

Anyone know where I can get a nice basic leather sheath for the xancudo? Like what’s in the photo. Having trouble finding it.
    IMG_6919.jpg

10. TerryD

TerryD Member

Would an AGK sheath work?

Frigin likes this.
  11. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

"Work" yes...work well...no. I would suggest reaching out to
    JRE Industries
    Badger Claw Leather
    JouFuu
    Sagewood.

All provide quality work with a good knowledge of our product line.

12. Frigin

Frigin Member

thank you very much I will look into them all see there styles and start grinding.
    I have been stuffing it into all my sheaths seeing if I could get any to fit and nothing so far that’s great.

13. WCT

WCT Member

I know this may not be the answer you’re looking for but for the market cost of a couple of sheaths, you can get the supplies to make your own. I got tired of trying to find (and afford) sheaths for knives, so that’s what I did. My work isn’t pretty but it’s functional, and it’s been a fun thing to learn how to do. Here’s a few I’ve made - the JG3, Xancudo, and AGK - from top to bottom. Good luck in your search otherwise; I’ve carried the Xancudo a lot more since I made the sheath - great blade. IMG_8043.jpeg

Marty Reno, KnOeFz and Stray Round like this.
  14. Frigin

Frigin Member

Forgot to update! So I ended up with the badger claw small B crazy horse and I got it on sale for $60. With a dangler. Absolutely love it. I molded it so it sticks up like a half inch it’s just enough to put my finger in the hold to pull it out image.jpg image.jpg

Marty Reno, Bozho, KnOeFz and 2 others like this.
  15. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Anyone pocket carry this knife? Been loving my Gibson except for the quick rusting then rust altering food flavors. Never was a fan of stainless, but it seems I’m inching that way.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  16. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

A friend has one of these for pocket carry and loves it. It is a handy little blade. I have a soft spot for the Izula's but if you don't mind the handle weight of the Xancudo it is a great choice. Blade design and blade thickness make it a great choice for edc.

17. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

The weight is my concern, and while ounces aren’t heavy per se, I don’t like much weight in my edc. The blade thickness and the steel are the appeal. Tempted to get a s35 Izula but they are still oos.

Stray Round and KnOeFz like this.
  18. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I pocket carry the Xancudo in a Jou_Fuu Sheath without issues... quite comfortable to carry and I modified a Wazoo necklace to index off of as the sheath is a deep carry. Solid set up.

IMG_7402.JPG

19. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

If it checks all of your other boxes I wouldn't let the weight alone stop you from getting it. I just meant the Izula's without scales seem to disappear in my pocket, the Xancudo will just take up a little more space and has a minor weight increase. If I would have started with Xancudo a dozen years ago it might have been my favorite of the ESEE lineup??? The Izula's and ESEE 4 (stainless) are my favorites :D

20. TerryD

TerryD Member

Same.
    20210820_075436.jpg

It's my favorite EDC blade. I love the shape, the utility of it, and the weight isn't noticeable at all. Just heavier than an Izula because it has scales.