Favorite pistol drills for accuracy

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by Baldcutnut, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Baldcutnut

Baldcutnut Member

What are your favorite pistol drills to work on accuracy.

2. Rich275

Rich275 Member

3. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

4. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Another option is to put up a totally blank (a plain sheet of paper works) target and shoot that center mass. Since there's nothing to look at, it should make you focus on your front sight only so you can then work on trigger control.

C99c and DYSPHORIC JOY like this.
  5. Baldcutnut

Baldcutnut Member

6. Goose

Goose Member

The DOT Torture drill is definitely a good one. Here are some targets and drills put out by Haley Strategic that are good to use as well. https://geekwithagun.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/haley-strategic-free-targets-and-drills/

I like to add some long distance shooting every time I am doing a pistol range session. I've been able to fairly consistently hit a 12x20 silhouette steel at 70-100 yards with my Glock 19. Now this isnt saying that I would consider engaging a threat at that distance with a pistol, but I feel like its very beneficial for honing your skills. You really need to have everything dialed in with your sight picture, sight alignment and trigger press.

I like to think of it like lifting in the gym. Train yourself to squat 400 lbs with perfect form, then when you go back and squat just 150lbs its a piece of cake.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  7. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

El Presidente