Esee Junglas 2 vs Becker Bk9

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Jacob Peterson, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

Alright guys, here it is, the showdown between these two VERY closely comparable knives! And a third, a shadowtech python thrown in for flavor.

The result was on average it took the J2 13 hits to get through a 2x4, and with the Bk9 it took 13.66

The way it felt in hand said a lot more than the numbers, the J2 felt like a beast, and felt like it was biting a lot deeper, and was a lot easier to chop with than the Bk9, but really they were very close.

The Bk9 is slightly damaged somehow... Im contacting Becker about it, and Ill be sending the knife back for warranty work. It might just be in my head, but although the edge thickness is comparable between the two knives and the Esee's primary grind actually is higher, I feel like the Esee is the more robust of the two knife. (speaking besides the fact that it has a solid tang because... w/e- Im talking edge and blade strength)

There is no question, if I REALLY had to trust one of the two for this role, I would be taking the J2! I know what it can take, and you guys do too!

Do you have a friend who is skeptical? Share the video with them! And maybe also show them what it takes to kill a J2 while you are at it!

Josh, Jtallen83, Solo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

Well, i finally wrapped this series up.

It took quite some time to compare the j2 to the bk9, but i truly think that it was worth it, and although the bk9 is selling INCREDIBLY cheap these days, i still think the J2 is the best bang for the buck in its category when you consider the esee quality, warranty, and sheath.