Do you find YETI products to be too inexpensive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Expat, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

That's what I did when I read it last night.

C99c likes this.
  2. Theodore

Theodore Member

I want to know who was at the door.

Strigidae likes this.
  3. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

We may never know.

We may never hear from him again....

Theodore likes this.
  4. C99c

C99c Member

It's about time for him to have another meltdown. Seems to happen every few years. We'll see who he blames this one on. Sad.

5. Theodore

Theodore Member

The mystery is usually far more delicious than the reality.

6. RedEyedHog

RedEyedHog Moderator Staff Member

What kind of trouble is RTIC in? We just started carrying their tumblers at the restaurant.

Strigidae likes this.
  7. Expat

There are some posts here on it somewhere. YETI sued RTIC over infringements of various parts and pieces (don't know all of them). RTIC recently settled. They have to pay YETI and they have to redesign some of their products. RTIC claimed it was a win. Sounds like they lost a little in a settlement so they wouldn't lose a lot in a trial.

Their coolers are/were on clearance in Amazon way cheaper than normal even.

I don't know if it effects the tumblers. I think it was more the straight rip of the cooler but I don't really know.

Try Engel if you're looking for other tumblers and won't be able to get RTIC any more. My wife loves hers better than the YETIs.

Strigidae and RedEyedHog like this.
  8. RedEyedHog

I hadn't heard that. We sold the Caribou brand for a while. They're pretty good too. Just not a great seller because most people don't recognize the name. That's why we went to RTIC.

Strigidae likes this.
  9. Expat

Put an Expat Knives sticker on each one of them and you won't be able to keep them in stock! Probably increase your margins 10%

10. RedEyedHog

You've got my address. I'll be anxiously awaiting the usps truck.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

blaming no one. Just seeing the world for what it really is.......and laughing my ass off the entire time. :cool:

12. Expat

YAY! They let Bushy out!

13. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Did you give Nem your password?

Strigidae likes this.
  14. Expat

Ha!

Strigidae likes this.
  15. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

I love my 45 and 65 cooler.

RTIC’s 2017 Products Line to be Rolled Out on or before May 1, 2017.

RTIC is excited to announce more details on the Company’s rollout of its new 2017 product line.

The Company plans to sell its remaining 2016 Models for the next few months and then launch our 2017 Models on or before May 1, 2017, in time for the summer season. We currently have a sale on our website with many items at a discount of up to 30% off. But hurry as sale will not last long.

Upon the launch of the 2017 Summer Product Line, we will return to our regular everyday low pricing, keeping true to our promise to deliver "Over Built – Not Over Priced" products.

RTIC’s new product line will have the same high level of quality and will include new and highly desired features:

• Our coolers will include a Dual Drain Plug System which will allow easier operation. The new coolers will include two drain plugs. An oversized drain plug on one side of the cooler to allow faster and easier draining and a standard size drain plug on the other side with an integrated vacuum relief valve to allow easier opening of the cooler lid by reducing the pressure inside the cooler when the plug is pressed.

• The RTIC 20 will now include a molded-in divider slot inside the cooler to allow you to easily separate and organize your contents.

• Our tumblers will have a new more modern look allowing them to fit more cup holders while maintaining their extraordinary insulating properties of keeping drinks cold for up to 60 hours.

• Our bottles will allow you to have great filtered water when you want it utilizing the all new RTIC integrated filtration system giving you healthier, great-tasting water. All our filters and containers will be BPA-free and remove contaminants and unpleasant odors.

New Products:

Products Coming in Summer 2017 include a 145 quart cooler, the new laser etched logo, the light blue cooler, the RTIC Water Resistant Duffle Bag, Tall Boy, V-Shape Stackable Pint Tumblers, Water Bottles, a 40 oz. Tumbler, New cup holder friendly Handles, Food Containers, Additional Sport Bottles and the exclusive RTIC Water Filtration System for select RTIC drink ware.

So, keep an eye out for the many new and exciting products coming in the Summer 2017!

Thanks again for your support. We appreciate all our customers and fans.

See updates at: https://www.rticcoolers.com/updates

RTIC Coolers

RTIC IS VERY PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN AGREEMENT REACHED WITH YETI

RTIC, the leading direct to consumer online retailer of premium coolers and drinkware announces that it has entered into a settlement agreement with YETI today for the purpose of avoiding the additional costs and uncertainty of continued litigation. The dispute has been amicably resolved and as part of the agreement, RTIC has agreed to redesign only those products involved in the dispute.

As part of the Agreement, RTIC is precluded from commenting further, but RTIC is very pleased with the settlement and considers it a win.

RTIC had previously announced last month changes to its 2017 product lines and expects to rollout new products and updated existing products starting in early Spring. RTIC will continue to operate as normal selling all the RTIC brand of products as provided on the www.RTICcoolers.com website keeping true to its promise to deliver "Over Built – Not Over Priced" products to all its RTIC fans & customers.

About RTIC

RTIC is the leading direct to consumer online retailer of premium coolers and drinkware. It was founded by twin brothers John and Jim Jacobsen and has generated almost 1.5 million followers on Facebook since shipping its first cooler in September 2015 and now employs over 100 people. RTIC is based in the Houston suburb of Cypress and owns fulfilment centers in Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Harrisburg & Fresno occupying over 300,000 square feet of space.

16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

no i just had a theory.......and played it off in a drunk fueled rant style , to avoid being visited by sweepers. Had a little fun....read between the lines and have some reading time on some of the conspiracies......

:)

17. kyhunt

kyhunt Member

I bought a Yeti 75 a couple of years ago for a Florida trip. My old coolers were on there last leg. I went to the Walmart, Dicks sporting and other places with the intention of just buying another Igloo or Coleman. For the size I wanted(family of 6) The cost was $100 or more. I thought I really hate spending that much knowing it probably isn't going to hold up but a couple of years and rarely do they really keep things cold all day.

Then I remembered this group and thought about when folks were talking about a group buy in an ESEE logo Yeti and I thought folks were crazy for spending that much on a cooler.

I started doing my research on the Yeti and thought you know what I'm going to try one. I bought the Yeti 75 for our Florida trip in 2015 and couldn't be happier. Honestly expensive when purchasing but sure beats buying a cooler that doesn't keep drinks cold and doesn't hold up. I wouldn't be opposed to trying one of these other brands but I don't see ever going to a cheap cooler again.

Cooler has been on two Florida trips (soon to be three) , several camping trips, a lot of fishing trips and some hunting trips. I must say thank you to this group for bringing them to my attention several years ago even though I thought you were a bunch of nuts for spending that much on a cooler.

18. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

I've got a 65 and 45 RTIC and love them. I still buy a igloo for fish in the boat. We even use the RTIC 45 as a sight fishing platform. I got both on sale and was even better.