Dark Tales from the Shop

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Jun 4, 2018.

1. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Several years ago and after a few mishaps, my son started asking folks about the types of accidents they had experienced in the shop or field. We have heard some interesting stories. Feel free to share yours.

I truly believe that we can all enhance our knowledge base from the accidents of others.

Strigidae and artigas like this.
  2. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

I used to work in a cabinet shop, I was cutting rails for a fruit cart for food lion. The wood was red oak and I had the table saw blade just above the height of the material I was cutting. (I would always watch the guys missing two and three finger run the blade all the way up to full height before they would cut anything.) I pushed the wood through and reach over to grab it, when I sit the wood caught the saw blade and drug my thumb over the saw blade. Having the forethought to keep the blade low I only ended up with 2 stitches and a thumb pad that looked like hamburger meat. This was back before smarty phone so no pics of the incident but here’s the scar
    38669307-12C7-48FD-B47B-5B7F1E883F61.jpeg

Strigidae likes this.