Dark Angel Medical Ankle Kit IFAK

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Jtallen83, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Many don't see these as shooting related but in reality everyone should have an IFAK with them when shooting or hunting. I don't wear a belt and have my overall pockets full enough already so to EDC a medical kit ankle carry seemed like a good option. I have carried this Dark Angel Medical ankle kit every day since just before Christmas. At first it was a little irritating, no blisters just annoyingly there, now I don't even notice it. It has never came off while I trudge through the woods, nothing lost or damaged. It comes equipped with 1 package of Hemostatic Gauze (QuikClot is what I got), 1 Pair of Nitrile Gloves,1 H&H Mini Compression Bandage, 1 Pair of Hyfin Vent Compact Chest Seals, and 1 Tourniquet (CAT Gen 7). I substituted a R.A.T.S. tourniquet for the C.A.T. Added a decompression needle and a pair of small trauma shears. In tennis shoes the Velcro has a large lap in it and in boots only about half of it is engaged but again, neither way has seen any issues with it coming loose. I have washed the case once due to getting it muddy, no loose threads or shrinkage. When warmer weather hits I will carry it rolled up in the cargo pocket of my shorts. Hope to never have the opportunity to review any of the products it contains, I will update in six months and a year on how things hold up.
    http://darkangelmedical.com/ankle-kit-trauma-kit/
    IMG_1160.jpg IMG_1161.jpg IMG_1162.jpg

2. Kevo

Kevo Member

Awesome little kit you have! Don't forget to practice!

Jtallen83 likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

would you quit spending my money for me? :D

thats a great setup!

got a pic of it on the ankle? , and one of it covered with jeans? I'm curious to see how much it bulges out or if its hidden.

Jtallen83 likes this.
  4. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

It shows a bit but to date nobody has noticed. Coworker didn't realize I had it for two weeks and then only because they were there when I changed into my 8 inch boots. The bulge is more noticeable when I have boots on because it rides higher up. The fatter portion is on the outside the way I wear it.
    IMG_1163.JPG IMG_1166.JPG

Strigidae and Bushman5 like this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

THANK YOU.