Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Bone from ? :confused:

Twoody88 likes this.
  2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Bushman5
    I meant to say Antler or Bone.

Im not sure what from, it could be slices of smaller antler but I really think maybe Deer bone?

Bushman5 likes this.
  3. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

She’s standing in my yard eating my peach tree…brave girl.

EC0B6223-A077-46E7-A4CD-CEF8D5C92907.jpeg

4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Doctors office: please get there 15 minutes early.
    Arrives early
    Gets called back 10 minutes after appointment
    Waits an additional 30 minutes before doctor comes in.

Smh

5. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

6. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

7. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I hate it when other people drive the work truck (roll off truck I normally drive daily) and are complete slobs in it. McDonald's wrappers everywhere, empty coffee cups , they wear their greasy work gloves and get grease / dirt everywhere inside the cab/dash :mad:

9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I may be purchasing Bryan Adams red checker logger jacket and black leather vest from his epic filmed in Vancouver BC music video "summer of 69" this weekend.

D3F16D98-BBA1-41EA-B360-038E23A3FD53.png

RocketmanDane likes this.
  10. TerryD

TerryD Member

I hate sharing vehicles with others. I'm lucky enough to have a buggy at work but the guy I normally work with thinks it needs to be full of rags (that get soaked every week) and he regularly leaves the cover open so it can fill up with rain or lime or sawdust. Plus he can't really drive so he's constantly sailing over bumps and knocking everything out of the trays and all over....

Bushman5 likes this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ we don't wash our tandem axle trucks at work (we have a weekly service for that) but a lot of the guys wax their trucks, clean the dash with spray and microfibre clothes. Polish the windows inside and out, polish the mirror glass

but some drivers wear their work gloves when getting in and out of the trucks while hooking up roll off bins or dropping them off.

grease / diesel / oil / dirt marks all over the doors, handles, steering wheels , CB radio / mike , dash etc. Billbooks and pre trip books just tossed on the dash instead of into their slots. Drives me nuts.

One of the drivers has about 6 years of old used billbooks, pretrip books, old worn out gloves, and all the other crap he collects out of bins, stuffed everywhere in the cab of the truck. Behind the seats, under the seats, on the seats, dash, cubby, under the dash , on the floor. Never mind the cubic yard or so of dirt, gravel and dust inside the cab, old food containers , plastic bags, broken bits of rope, windows and mirrors so grimy with dust and oils that you can't see out of them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    RocketmanDane and TerryD like this.
  12. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

My $tupid neighbors tried to put 12+ Young birds into their chicken coop…. About 6-8 weeks to early…

They all escaped through the normal sized chicken wire and are roaming around / hiding on their property…

I have managed to catch 2.. So now I have baby birds again living in my kitchen. After 3 months of birds living in my kitchen already this year…

I have a feeling my bird family is going to be growing by at least a few birds now….

TerryD and Bushman5 like this.
  13. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Has anyone heard from @Eli Buckley? He ordered some scales back in June and I haven't heard back. He hadn't paid for them so wondering if I should post them for sale?

14. ASH

ASH Member

After several months of looking and having my money refunded twice, I finally got a saddle that I like. I went to a farm store near the Alabama line Friday that has a few saddles. They had one I really liked for $1700 but I didn't want to spend that much and I wasn't familiar with the maker. They had a old Simco that I liked, it was priced $1600 but it should have been around $500. They had one identical to one I have in my shed that needs the seat repaired. It's a cheap roping saddle that probably wouldn't hold up to roping. It's basically better than nothing but they wanted $800 for it. When I asked the guy working about the saddles, he just said he didn't know anything about them and didn't offer to find anyone that did so we left.

IMG_20220820_213629411.jpg I ended up buying a 1999 Circle Y Team Penner that is practically nos for $600. I found it on FB but it was actually my aunt's brother in law that was selling it. It's super comfortable and I am relieved to be done saddle shopping. I was actually looking for a saddle when I found my last motorcycle. I was getting ready to give up and just build a saddle myself.
    IMG_20220821_150503906_HDR.jpg

15. ASH

ASH Member

I'm thinking that I might get some sort of leather sewing machine for my upcoming birthday. If not I will eventually buy one myself to make some saddle bags, I already have 2 sides of leather draped across the guest bed. I don't think I want to stitch something that big by hand.

16. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

For your nightly head scratcher…

2x days in a row my neighbor passed out after lunch.

The first day he was using a weed eater at work. The found him passed out in the grass with the weed eater next to him still running..

They called the ambulance and they said he might have had another stroke. (He has had 3) but he refused treatment and drove home.

The 2nd day he passed out on his living room floor and couldn’t get up for 6 hours.

His priest found him and he was taken by ambulance to the hospital for another possible stroke.

After all the tests and a night in the ER. They said he hadn’t had a recent stroke and they couldn’t find anything wrong with him. .

Day 3 rolls around and the neighborhood kept checking on him and he didn’t pass out again….

Today (day 4) he didn’t pass out after lunch again.

So another neighbor asked him what he had been doing different the last 2 days that he seemed to be doing better.

He couldn’t think of anything other then he had run out of Rattle Snake meat for his lunch’s ….

Never a dull moment in the Hollar!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    ASH and Bushman5 like this.
  17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ um what?

18. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Bushman5
    IDK about about anybody else.. BUT if I was eating some type of potentially poisonous animal. Then I passed out 2x days in a row after eating them…

I think that fact might be important to tell the doctor in solving a small paralysis and acting bat $hit crazy type mystery…

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    TerryD likes this.
  19. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

But lots of people eat rattle snakes. Apparently they are excellent on the grill with olive oil / spice rub .

I'm trying to figure out why he's collapsing

20. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I am only guessing that he probably contaminated the meat when cleaning it.
    Then at lunch ate the contaminated meat..

BlueMule and Bushman5 like this.