Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Ok our Environmental Super is giving me a lift to our truck yard. Still a long day to go yet. But looking up

Drew RedBear, OKcherokee and Zeek like this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

HUGE SHOUT OUT to the Truckers Guardian Angel.........the Truck Tow Truck guys and gals. Rain or Shine, Snow or Sleet, Flooded hwy or Off Hwy....you guys and gals are a truckers hero.

JORDIES AUTO RESCUE Cloverdale BC

https://twitter.com/jordieduperon

Truck Rescue Bro on scene. I made his job safer by limping my BEAST truck 2 KM to a pull out. Traffic on the Perimeter Road BC whizzes by at 120 - 150 kms an hour. (limit 80km) It is my duty and honor as a Trucker to ensure a safe scene for the crew lifting the truck. (note the marks on the pavement are water condensate from the air pumps mounted midsection on the Rescue Rig, they supply Aux air for the Rescue's air tools)

IMG_8388.jpg
    Air supply hose for the air gun used to remove the short driveshaft , for towing. Heavy son of a b! 1/4" splines and like 150 lbs.
    IMG_8387.jpg

JORDIES on the INFAMOUS COQUIHALLA HWY outside of Hope BC. Picking up a downed rig.

GOEnBsa (1).jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Zeek likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

6. IW17

IW17 Member

Idk, dude couldnt even find Bigfoot...o_O:D

BigJake, Hammer and Drew RedBear like this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

You have a point there lol!

8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I think I need help.. I have to mod everything I have.. Stripped the bluing off and half polished the barrel. I need more sandpaper to finish it. I may etch something into the slide also.. 20190727_174703.jpg 20190727_174714.jpg 20190727_174738.jpg

9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Founder of Manitoba-based Maple Leaf Survival, Sherman Kong, shared his knowledge of wilderness survival with Global News to predict how the fugitive teen murder suspects might be fairing in hiding, as the RCMP searches for their whereabouts.

VIDEO

Drew RedBear likes this.
  10. C99c

C99c Member

I don't normally watch the news, especially when they bring in random experts to theorize on subjects, be it LEOs or Les Stroud, in order to grab viewers.

I did, however, do an Internet search for Sherman Kong. That's go to be one of the best names I've ever heard for a international crime syndicate head, the arch nemesis of some super hero or an adult movie star.

I've found my new alias. Now to print out the IDs...

11. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

So does that mean the alias ‘Rusty Shackleford’ is now up for grabs?

Hammer and C99c like this.
  12. C99c

C99c Member

Rusty Shackleford is the internet's version of Northwest Georgia's / Northeast Alabama's Roho or Sweatpea. There are just too many people going by that name. Do you know Sweatpea/Roho? Which damn one?

I try to be unique with my aliases. Sherman Kong. Jesus H. Smith. Jeff Randall.

13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.........reminds me of the scene in First Blood where the talking head is holding his mike rabbiting on about "the Fugitive John Rambo hiding out perhaps above the treeline" and "only their skilled training in Law Enforcement saved them" etc etc....why they insist on dragging out someone and sticking in front of the camera and why those people agree to do it is truly beyond me..... saw the same here when the hunt for Malcolm Nadan was on....one after the other someone was rolled out to talk about how rugged the country was etc....

Bushman5 and C99c like this.
  14. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ to quote First Blood again :

- He took a radio off one of my deputies.

- Then he has to be listening. If I was in his position, I would try to pick up
    some information. Maybe catch some cross talk.

what better way than flooding the media with experts like Stroud and the FBI Profiler and the Maple Survival School guy, describing how bad the terrain and environment and wild animals are. 2 under 20 Y/O males are going to be addicted to their social media and want to get online or similar (radio, print, etc) and see whats happening. info like that is going to stick in their craw psychologically (back of the mind) and gnaw away at them as they actually experience it first hand.

15. Andy the Aussie

........ sorry Bushy, I must disagree, while that may be an "unintended consequence" you are giving the media way to much credit for anything other than trying to top out on the 24hr news cycle. From one who has had to mange them during a long running critical incident they are not on the side of the search nor are they trying to aid it, they are trying to top the ratings of the other news outlet. I have seen many more situations screwed up by the pontification of journalists and "experts" where they are only either trying to win (journalists) or remain relevant (retired generals/agents/survival experts). Trust me on this....the media do not want this to end peacefully with the two little scumbags quietly captured "washing cars in Portland". They want it bloody and loud as that is what makes news!!!!

Bushman5 likes this.
  16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

fair enough, i see your point. :)

of course the media wants to see a final showdown, wild west style. For Ratings.

i'm not looking at it though from that angle.....(and perhaps that is what missing in a lot of these events.....different viewpoints and out of the box thinking)

I'm looking at it as getting into the heads of those two and creating serious self doubt in their minds. As they experience that terrain for the first time (it is 10,000 times different than their stomping grounds on the west coast of BC, for one the sheer amount of insects and the type of insects is wildly different from Van Island)

the terrain is insane up there.....its nothing like Van Island BC.

the animals are very different.

I guess I am looking at the media and survival experts and FBI profiler's opinions that were broadcast all over Canada and the world, as a type of "psychological operation".....get into the two males minds that they up **** creek....and let that info fester in their minds.....while they are actually in that terrain. It creates serious self doubt and has the potential to create chaos between the two as they start getting seriously tired, bitten by bugs, dehydrated, hungry, and then the potential to create a rift between the two as they start arguing (low blood sugar helps here) between themselves. One is a follower (Kam) one is a leader (Bryer) .....two or three days in that absolutely remote and dense and wet and boggy and buggy and humid environment are pre-cursors to them starting to fight amongst themselves. Once they have a chance to check radio, web, print news ....its going to escalate between them.

I see that as a positive......either they kill each other or the follower ditches the leader and runs for safety, maybe a plea bargain if he turns in his buddy (leader)

17. Andy the Aussie

.....you are giving the media et al way too much credit mate....waaaay to much.

Bushman5 likes this.
  18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

perhaps.

information/dis-information is a powerful tool.

19. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

The man hunters know how to use the media to their advantage.

Credit doesn’t go to the media, they are being used.

20. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Found those missing bolts I needed a few weeks back when I was converting the crib into a bed.

Knew I had them somewhere.