Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

nice! best way to start the morning i can think of...short of starting it with a bj...bacon & jelly.

...breakfast made with bacon, eggs, toast with jelly...trying to be pg-13 here :D

Drew RedBear likes this.
  2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I think she's just getting cold feet. But after talking with a good friend I have another plan. It isn't the best but I can rent a room up there for $350-500 a month. I have crappy credit so no Apts, but I couldn't afford one anyway. I need to figure out my car too so I can drive up there, I'll need it for work anyway. Thank you though, I do appreciate it :)

3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Lol, yeah bacon and jelly are definitely better.

JV3 likes this.
  4. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

That sounds like a good plan. Live close, get to know them better but still have your own space that is neutral.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Exactly. And since sis and mom don't get along too well, sis don't have to see mom then. So this is better in different ways.

JV3 likes this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I posted in a different thread, but my targets from today. First time shooting these guns and an outdoor range. Plus I haven't shot a gun in years. Not too bad I don't think. Still need practice though. The AR 15 was fun to shoot also! 20190724_130441.jpg 20190724_130455.jpg 20190724_130430.jpg 20190724_130106.jpg

JV3 and OKcherokee like this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Not sure if you all have been following the news up here....but there is a Canada Wide Man Hunt for two local BC young men, who have now been charged with 3 murders in Northern BC, and who are currently the target of a MASSIVE man hunt by the RCMP, First Nations Tribal Police, Municipal/Regional Police, SWAT/ERT/FBI/Trackers from Canada wide Agencies, who are all currently in Northern Manitoba, where the two men made a mistake and went up the only Hwy that dead ends in Gillam, Manitoba.

The young men hail from a local small town. They passed thru Metro Vancouver and surrounding areas on their way up to Northern BC to look for work. Things went south for them near LAIRD HOT SPRINGS, where they murdered a young couple as well as a solo driver......<<<this one hits close to home......that person was a Botany Lecturer at UBC , literally 10 klicks from me. I know him.........met him years ago when I worked at UBC. My mom knows him as well...the Biology/Botany/Soil etc community of professors is very small up here.

anyways.....the two males.....a follower and a leader, stole numerous vehicles, burnt them after running out of fuel, and repeated this pattern. Their final act of vehicle fire was at the FOX LAKE area of Manitoba, where they torched a RAV4 .

now they have gone bush.............the area is brutal terrain.....swampy and heavily treed. Thick bush....and INSECTS - deer flies, black flies, chiggers, sand flies and skeeters.

Massive manhunt going on.....

FLIR/3 choppers, ground crews, road blocks everywhere..............etc etc

this really hits close to home.....once the photos were released.......tips poured in.

one of our own members passed them in a parking lot in Northern BC........like 20 ' ......

you can dig up the news yourself....i was not sure if posting names and etc was allowed.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    DiscoveryLover and Drew RedBear like this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

9. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I’ve seen some stories about it.

Is this the one where the parents said they “wouldn’t be taken alive”?

10. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I reread the story, the dad says they will go out “in a blaze of glory”.

11. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

And you wonder why the kids are so screwed up...their parents are idiots too. Stealing cars then burning them afterwards...that sounds like the movies...

12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

update as of 2245 hours Eastern Time Canada

https://nationalpost.com/news/local...e0-40e5-b6a5-4f703382a930?video_autoplay=true

rehashes a lot of what has been in the news up here. There is a heavy heavy presence of RCMP, Police, Tribal Police, Peace Officers, Rangers, Sheriffs, SWAT/ERT Units from across Canada, trackers, FBI agents, and some Military in Gillam Manitoba area

there has also been tips coming in from back in BC today, that Kam Macleod was seen BACK in Northern BC this afternoon. No updates on that on any media or police briefs yet. -

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Drew RedBear likes this.
  13. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well fellas.... I have more news about the bio family. I haven't heard back from my possible bio dad about the DNA test he said he would take and even though I told him I wouldn't contact any of the other family, I decided to anyway. It's been over a month since he got the test and I really need to know. So I messaged who I think is my sister and my brother and earlier this evening my possible sis messaged back and it was good. We didn't talk long but she never said I couldn't be her brother and even saw the resemblences between her dad and I. She is going to talk to him to have him take the test. After I got done talking to her, my possible brother (a different one) messaged me and we talked for a while, and of course he had a lot of questions, which is fine, but told me if I am then welcome to the family. Family.. Family.. Again, family... Sorry but this is so amazing and even moreso that they're accepting of the possibility of me. My brother said dad cheated on mom a lot and that's why they divorced, so I think that's why. So I'm 99 percent sure he is my dad, there's really no other option unless it was their grandpa, but I can't see that. And if I am family, I just got 4 brothers and another sister!!!

As I was posting this, another brother messaged me. I hope it's good.

14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Another option for you is that if your potential dad doesn’t bite. His known children could instead take the test and they would be close enough to get a good solid match. If they showed any relation you would know your in the right track..

Drew RedBear likes this.
  15. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

That's one thing I forgot to mention, Jerry (Jr) said that if dad won't take it, he will. He didn't seem happy with dad as is. So one way I'll get my answers. I know it's them though.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  16. Hammer

Hammer Member

This is really terrible. I've spent time around Liard and Dease Lake on numerous occasions (lived in Whitehorse for a spell). I really hope they find these bastards before they off themselves.

Drew RedBear and Bushman5 like this.
  17. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Thats great news Drew. So now how many siblings is that in total? Lol

Drew RedBear likes this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Adopted, 1 sister
    Moms side 1 sister
    Dad's side small football team lol. 4 brothers and 1 sister.
    Total : 3 sisters and 4 brothers.. Damn..

OutdoorsFamilyMan and Bushman5 like this.
  19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

They're calling me brother now.... What's that old commercial, "oh what a feeling"? They haven't a clue!! Lmao!

OutdoorsFamilyMan likes this.
  20. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Going to be a long day.......:mad::mad::mad:

Been up since 0500 hours , working in 30 deg Celsius heat (outside, inside the cab of the truck it’s pushing 43 deg Celsius......

Broken down on the side of the highway, EGR cooler failed . No power under load . Truck Tow on way, several hours....then about an hour to repair shop . From there I have to take a cab to the main truck yard. About an hour. Hope it’s not more than $100 because that’s all I can take out of the ATM daily.

Going to be a 20 frikking hour day in high heat

:mad:

8A76A21F-6352-4F8D-B0B5-FFE76CD2250E.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Zeek likes this.