Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Ouch :D

Strigidae likes this.
  2. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I’m just stealing the saying, you can keep the submarines.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Got my bk7 back from @STPNWLF and he did a hella good job on it and the sheath. Definitely worth the trade! You've probably seen him post with it too lol. 20190506_172943.jpg 20190506_172955.jpg 20190506_173003.jpg 20190506_173011.jpg

4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Oh wow! Love the scales!

Drew RedBear and Zeek like this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

They're imitation pearl but for $40 they'll do just fine.

Zeek likes this.
  6. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@jeeter
    I couldn’t bring my self to hit the reply button... :)
    I know exactly what you mean! My kiddo has become notorious for pooping just about anywhere.. You get about 1 half sec warning and it may be something as small as a quite “potty” or “poop” and if you are not then flying to the bathroom, off comes the diaper and one gets drop right where the Kiddo is standing.... Normally momma doesn’t believe that the kiddo pooped in a particular spot so I find my self having to text photographic proof what has become the bathroom of the day...

jeeter and Zeek like this.
  7. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Sunscreen enters blood stream in under a day. As a disclaimer I don’t share the link below to discourage in any way the use of sunscreen! Me and the fam use the heck out of it. More of a food for thought and to encourage folks to look what’s in their sunscreen. I actually have a former coworker that was allergic to the widely available chemically type sunscreens. He swapped to using the more “natural” sunscreen which works just as good IMO and as far as I know still no Sunburns

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/06/health/sunscreen-bloodstream-fda-study/index.html?no-st=1557201656

Drew RedBear likes this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ scary stuff......

esp since i need to use sunscreen when outdoors......(Ginger yo!). More and more I have been shunning sunscreen due to hives outbreaks and wearing SPF sun clothing.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

digging thru 4 terabytes of photos........found some pics of when i first got PipSqueak! (its been like 3 years now....)

he was the size of a couple of beer cans here....yet his mitt covers like two or so of my fat fingers.

shown with MissCopperKitty, Siberian/Burmese mix, she is so motherly.......

ocUM2OK.jpg

0pCz8DG.jpg 2bvioN5.jpg 4Y1kUXY.jpg 87Wolw9.jpg bVrypeL.jpg dEtklNW.jpg iOePlpW.jpg JxTvkkF.jpg mMulyVj.jpg N98QHI4.jpg NvUS3hN.jpg ocUM2OK.jpg PO6nI1m.jpg UJhN10b.jpg YN9II0D.jpg

Reno Lewis, jeeter, Strigidae and 5 others like this.
  10. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

He was pretty adorable.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

This was tater when we first got her about 2 and a half years ago. Her paws were pretty big for her size also. And she's just as sweet now as she was then FB_IMG_1554514995982.jpg FB_IMG_1554514985180.jpg

12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well I may have some good news. I may be leaving this motel life and moving into a house with another friend. A bedroom, kitchen, yard!! Lol.

STPNWLF, Black5, OKcherokee and 4 others like this.
  13. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Cute kitty.

Congrats on the move

Drew RedBear likes this.
  14. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Thanks. I'm actually looking forward to yard work and hoping to plant a garden.

15. Black5

Black5 Member

@Bushman5 sorry I missed that other post from you.

Talked to Kubota dealer service head. He told me in the last two weeks they've had FOUR tractors with the same exact symptoms. All four required the same remedy:

Blow the fuel lines backwards from the filter to tank. If fuel flow increases, even momentarily, pull the tank.

Apparently, the crap diesel we are getting is causing a buildup of gunk at the outlet in the tank. Air pressure will usually dislodge it, but it will eventually resettle in the same place and block the outlet again.
    Gravity feed tank as opposed to a lifting pump in the tank. A lifting pump in the tank would avoid the crap in the bottom. And it adheres to the outlet rather than traveling to the filter.:confused:

16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

If that’s the case then your going to have to pressure wash the tank inside, and flush with some methyl hydrate (like 8 litres). The methyl will absorb residual water. If you don’t clean the tractor tank, the bacteria will just multiply with new fuel.

Consider a 24 hour tank cleaning pump/filter for your diesel storage tank (main), polishing the fuel will remove the water and sludge that builds up quickly . Then when you fill your tractor etc you have clean fuel from the get go.

We deal with this crap all the time now in the trucking industry. Modern diesel has almost no sulfur (sulfur kills the bacteria that feed on water and diesel) so the fuel degrades in less than a month , compared to decades like it used to last

Zeek and Black5 like this.
  17. Black5

Black5 Member

Yeah....the service manager said he had a "kit" I could use if I found that to be the case. It's a plastic tank. My older tractor had a two piece clamshell that bolted together with a gasket for these situations.

You know...1950s technology. So primitive, yet so logically functional.o_O

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well the house is out. It sucks but I understand her reasoning. So still gonna live the motel life but will probably be homeless in a few months anyway because I can't do it on my own and my roommate isn't doing ****. She supposedly went to an interview two days ago at the second biggest employer here, Bass Pro, and went in a dirty, stained, smelly sweatshirt with no bra. Like what the hell? When I asked about it she is like, Yeah well...
    I would find a different roommate but there's no one I would trust in this city that isn't a thief, druggy, or felon. I don't have much but I'd like to keep what I do have. Plus I could be sure how they'd be around my kitty.

Zeek, Bushman5 and Black5 like this.
  19. Black5

Black5 Member

I used to have rental property up there. Your assessment of many of the area inhabitants is spot on.

Hate to say it, but that area has a lot higher crime and idiot rate than most people realize.

Zeek likes this.
  20. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Bad fuel cost the company I work for a entire engine rebuild and 7 months of truck downtime. Sludge clogged the injectors and blew off the tips, destroying the engine

I polish the diesel that goes into my diesel Jeep....you would be amazed at the litres of water and sediment that comes out of the cardlock pumps.

Zeek likes this.