Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Thanks Drew.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

RIP Mr Cecil.

Bushman5 likes this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

If anyone has boost mobile you may want to check your account information. They admittedly changed mine without my consent or reason except for their bs. A phone call after gave other reasons and more bs for the change, one being them denying it, even though I have proof.

4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Bushman5 likes this.
  6. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Looks pretty cool

7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

GAH!!!!! left my avalanche kit (probe, snow ruler, magnifier loupe, snow ident cards and snow saw) at the end of the trail up near the summit of Cambie Creek, Manning Park........

:mad:

they are on top of the snow pack (8' near the top) and it was snowing hard when i turned back . Going to have to go back after the snow melt and see if i can recover them.......

:(

Zeek and Jeremiah Jones like this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well taxes are coming in, now to decide which knife/knives to get.

Bushman5 likes this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

half into an RRSP or something....... ;)

or an emergency fund.........

Jeremiah Jones and Drew RedBear like this.
  10. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Oh the majority is being put up for sure and doctors visits are priority. Plus we're moving twice this year so that's factored in.

Bushman5 likes this.
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I just want one or two knives, I had to sell all but the one I have. But thinking of trading it for an esee 3 and that would save too ;)

Bushman5 likes this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I diverted $300 this month into my TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account), and upped my weekly contributions from 25 to $75 a week. I feel real good about that. Once it gets busy in summer, i want to cut a lot of expenses and divert at least 75% of my pay weekly into the TFSA. Its going to hurt......but I need a fall back fund just in case.......

highlight of my 2019 summer is going to be the new turbo for the diesel jeep 4x4. Going to buckle down and divert funds where-ever I can, plus overtime,plus the $1000 owed to me by work for 2018 vacation pay (will be $650 after taxes). That Jeep that my Dad and bought, worked on, and spent a lot of money on, is going to growl again. Got a new Cummins fuel pump and custom pump wiring harness already, its been on the parts shelf for a year, just waiting to be dropped in , need to drop the fuel tank and install it.....(bit of an effort........time consuming...)

the BushTracker is waiting for a new timing belt/water pump, front crank seal/cam seal....got those parts , sitting on the parts shelf...just waiting for good weather to tear into it..........

and the apt building/land assembly is up for sale. Going to be 2, maybe 3-4 years......and the market is soft right now.,........but when it happens........

going to:

YUKON,or Lytton/Boston Bar, Lillooet, or Hedley, Princeton, Keromeos BC ............buy property and get THE **** out of this crack addict town called Vancouver. My truck(s) insurance costs will drop over 60%............ rural lifestyle, plan to volunteer at the local Fire Dept/SAR. Work when i can, grow my own food....hunt real meat...not supermarket crap.

Zeek, ASH, Drew RedBear and 1 other person like this.
  13. ASH

ASH Member

The gf's nephew is going back home to Florida today. DFACS said to stay here she would have to become his legal guardian. I feel sorry for the kid, he was in a much better place here than in Naples. I don't know what is going to happen with him now, one of the reasons he was here was because his mom's fiance said he couldn't stay there anymore.

Bushman5 likes this.
  14. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

That's sad to hear. Does she not want to become his guardian or is she not able?

Why did he get cuffed and stuffed the other day also? I meant to ask and then got sidetracked by a bloody hand pic lol

15. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Ive been there before. So which knife did you keep?

Drew RedBear likes this.
  16. ASH

ASH Member

She doesn't, I don't blame her though. I wouldn't want to be responsible for him and be liable for any damages he may cause before he is 18.

She told him that he wasn't allowed in the house unless she was there after he knocked a hole in one of the bedroom doors with a decorative paddle that hangs on the wall.

Last Monday he was out of school so she locked him out. There's a fridge with food and drinks, a microwave and a Porto potty at the barn. Her neighbor called and told her that he was breaking into the house through a window. She went home and they got into a fight, then she took him back to work with her. On the way back home he said he was going to run away. She had work to do at the barn and when she got home he was gone, so she called the S.O. They looked arround the property for him then she called his friend's mom and found out that he had walked there probably about 4 miles away. His friend's grandma brought him home and they ended up cuffing him.

It's a sad situation, the school says he has improved from a 1 to a 6 on a scale of 10 since he has been here.

17. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I kept the izula 2, for now. I just bought the 4 but I may be selling the izzy to get a 3.

18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

cry for help it sound's like, no????

19. ASH

ASH Member

No it happened when his friend was over. I think they were playing.

20. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

By the sounds of it his life story is a cry for help. To be sent away b/c his mom's boyfriend doesnt want him around. I know your gf has to think about what's best for her family first but sending that boy back to live with his P.O.S. mother will likely ruin the kid. This breaks my heart and really angers me. Any parent that can just shove their kid off like that should be eradicated from this planet. There'd be a h*** of a lot less screwed up people in this world if parents had taken IQ and drug test for being allowed to procreate

Jeremiah Jones, IW17, Black5 and 2 others like this.