Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Hammer

Hammer Member

Ok, you gotta give us a little more backstory than that!

2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Moms not sure where they were playing, it was a bunch of them just jamming.

UPDATE: apparently he jammed with them in Hamburg.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    BigJake likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

UGH......$60 USD for 3 day shipping from the USA to canada, and Canada Post holds it for more than 5 days due to their labor issues (strike) . REALLY NOT impressed with canada post right now. Esp their ombudsman who claims that Canadians are getting their parcels on time despite the strike. Ordered my pack on the 13th of November!!!!! still sitting in bloody Montreal Canada...thats at least 5 days travel time to BC (if an when it leaves montreal) , PLUS another 3 days locally processing before delivery here. Not impressed at all by Canada post.

I had an item from the Soviet Union get here in 4 days............!!!

2018/11/23 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption

2018/11/22 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption

2018/11/21 08:45 MONTREAL,QC Item has been processed by Canada Border Services Agency and released to Canada Post.

2018/11/21 08:33 MONTREAL,QC Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.

2018/11/21 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption

2018/11/20 22:39 VILLE ST-LAURENT,QC Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2018/11/20 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption

2018/11/16 10:32 USJFKA,USA International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

2018/11/16 10:29 USJFKA,USA International item processed in originating country

2018/11/13 13:151 2020, USA International item mailed in originating country

4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Come across this on YouTube. It has to be the dumbest, most annoying thing I have ever heard and people actually get paid for this?

5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

My neighbor (Male) is maybe 19-20 years old, Married and far from home. I never thought I would be “adopting” a older child but it is apparent he left the nest a little to early. He really tries but I have had to teach him about numerous basic life skills... How to change your windshield wiper blades, how to change a house AC filter, Not to fly a big old Alabama football flag over you sadly small American flag ( of course held up by some type of dinky probably crafting wire... Which i one night might have at attached them with zip ties :) ) Etc. It hurts my brain just to watch and not help.. .

All the while my wife is have a good old time watching me trying to explain these thing to the neighbor.. Our new adopted son....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Reno Lewis, Bushman5, Rick R and 4 others like this.
  6. C99c

C99c Member

I was out at a local farm a few weeks ago to check a well pump and the "owner" was walking around with his arm in a sling. One of the hands told me that he was playing in the field with the new work truck ('18 F250, too much lift, Rockstars or some similar brand of stupid looking wheels ) and when he went to clean the windshield afterwards and change out a wiper he fell off the truck and broke his arm. But only after doing $300 + worth of damage to the truck because he couldn't figure out how to do it.

His dad and grandfather would be having a fit right now it they were still living.

ManOfSteel, Delkancott, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

WHAT WAS THAT?

i got thru about tens seconds and had to punch something......

Drew RedBear and DiscoveryLover like this.
  8. Rick R

Rick R Member

I watched thirty seconds and had to Google “ASMR”. I doubt that many people on this forum are afflicted (blessed?) with “Autonomous sensory meridian response“. Getting the chills n quivers because of soft sounds doesn’t sound like our kinda people.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Nov 26.... Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption

blood boiling......

Zeek likes this.
  10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’ve got a real BIG problem with ants... Like treat them with FIRE big problem... Discovered a TON of them in my bathroom tonight... Unfortunatly I am thinking fire would be a bad idea in this case...

11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

icing sugar and borax! spread liberally on all horizontal surface. they carry it back to the be queen an they die
    ! spread on all horizontal surfacers

ManOfSteel, Zeek and RocketmanDane like this.
  12. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

Anybody notice if their GPS coordinates (Garmin handhelds with GLONAS, etc) were majorly off on Wednesday night (the 28th)?

It was tracking me just fine, but when I entered a set of coordinates to a known location, my GPS was telling me it was 3km in the opposite direction.

Confirmed my coordinates numerous times and tried 4 different handhelds (3x 64s and a 64st) among numerous people, plus a phone app. The coordinates were correct. Handhelds were set up correctly and have been in use for a while.

Never seen a GPS (let alone 4 of them) be so far off before.

Just one more reason to never blindly trust what your GPS tells you, not that I ever have... I'm just curious as to what might cause something like that.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    RocketmanDane likes this.
  13. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

So apparently there was a large solar flare hitting the other side of the world when we noticed our GPS's acting funny.

14. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.....I work with GPS everyday with equipment in use right across the state, of late we have not seen any degradation of accuracy beyond that which is considered within our operating parameters. There are places here I know where geography plays a part but nothing as you describe. I have with my personal gear had an anomalous event or two where I can see the location I wish to be at but the Garmin in my hand was pointing me elsewhere. I have also worked with GPS jammers and they are more absolute than simply fugging up the accuracy. The Ruskis have been toying with broad scale system to screw with GPS, I would assume others are as well. It could also be an atmospheric condition that was interfering with the ability of the devices to attain a workable "lock" on enough satellites to get a decent fix.

Just like the US GPS system the accuracy and operation of GLONASS can be played with by the owners of the satellites enabling it, anyone remember the 80s when civilian GPS was de-tuned ?? It was Clinton who enabled the full capability of the system to be available to the great unwashed masses, both systems can be turned off and on for non-primary users.

Reno Lewis likes this.
  15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Zeek likes this.
  16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I've had nothing but problems here on the North Shore everytime i have been out in the woods.......the GPS sats are not triangulating properly. Its over 5km's OFF. I've been relying on my own hand drawn maps , topo maps, compass, and my own ax blaze marks.

Reno Lewis and Zeek like this.
  17. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

In the past I’ve talked to some of the folks who help manage the US GPS systems. ALOT of it is hush hush type stuff but like any satellite can be susceptible to interference. Most people wouldn’t think of it but there is apparently “weather” in space. It is monitored along with emissions from all sorts of space objects including solar flares. This “space weather” plus all these other emissions can interfere with and even damage satellites. SO if the “weather” is particularly bad or solar emissions are higher then normal the satellite owners will move, idle down, close up, shut down or other options to protect them. Depending on the particular satellites your device uses the less satellites there are to use. The less reliable the GPS...

Also I have personally seen it used on a small scale there are technology’s out there that will completely screw up a GPS signal. They are mostly used in Anti IED devices and to help “protect” radar systems. Think less distort or alter a signal but more like duplicate and scramble EVERY signal. For example transmitting EVERY cell phone signal at once stops someone from being able to use a telephone triggered IED depending on how it’s built it might trigger a IED but these devices are mounted as far in front a vehicle as possible. Because even a few extra feet in front of a vehicle or patrol can save lives.

Point being that depending where you are the technology might be in use and you would never know it.

Bushman5, Reno Lewis and Zeek like this.
  18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

im in the wrong era.

Zeek and RocketmanDane like this.
  19. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Traded for a scooter/ Moped for the wifey! Needless to say AWESOME!!
    It is a split tank 2 stroke and a ton of fun :)

Zeek likes this.
  20. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Still waiting from my Smock from England..... Never thought i would have problems shipping stuff into the country....