Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

WARNING! for Canadian online shoppers using JensonUSA (bike stuff)

the entire time you are shopping online on their site, it will be in CANADIAN DOLLARS, even the final CHECKOUT CART price/currency.....

then if you choose paypal, it will CHARGE you USD pricing......my order was $120 CDN including SHIPPING to canada, but i got nailed by JensonUSA for over $175 CDN because they charged me my final cart cost of $120 CANADIAN, but they charged me in USD, resulting in over $175 charge to my card.

$120 Canadian to USD is $92 USD. NOT $175
    Ive opened a dispute with JensonUSA and Paypal and my credit card holder

i almost missed it......had i not checked my card balance.

:mad: slightly livid right now....i worked damn hard for this money.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

4. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

It was.

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Well, JensonUSA didn't even try to correct the issue of their faulty cart system - they did not seem to grasp that an order of $120 CDN is only $92 (approx) USD, not the $176 CDN that they charged me.

Didn;t even make an offer or a sorry or anything.

So i canceled the order outright. Their loss. I would have bought more stuff had they rectified it right away and at least said sorry - our screwup.

COMMUNICATION..............lack of....

RocketmanDane and ManOfSteel like this.
  6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

My buddy texted me last night “this guy in my bar thinks he’s hot **** and is betting a lot of money on pool. You wanna come ruin his night?”

So I went in and had a couple beers. The guy noticed my case and invited me to jump in. He didn’t win a single set. Took him for $200. He was a little more humble for the rest of the night.

7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Has anyone shipped or received a knife from Canada to the US? How long did it take to go through customs? It's been five days and it's still in customs.

8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

did you send it up here? what kind of knife?

not unusual for parcels INBOUND to Canada, to sit in CBSA Customs warehouse to be processed. If it gets selected for secondary or third inspection, it can sit a long longer in the post inspection warehouse.

sorry.......just re-read your post.......no idea on US Customs delays

Drew RedBear likes this.
  9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Lol that's fine. I've mailed to Canada before and it got there fast, but I'm not sure about here. I bought it on ebay though, and it was an esee 6.

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Work is a bit slow right right now (due to the heat wave, a lot of the construction companies are stopping work to ensure worker safety).

But my trucking company i work for told me they will pay me 40 hours a week regardless. Then when its super busy (coming up) any hours i need to owe back will be taken out of my overtime (averaging agreement) . Pretty damn nice of them to look out for me during the slow times. . As well, they said they don't want to lose me due to slowdowns and little hours....hence the guaranteed 40 hours a week pay.

pretty fricking awesome. They were actually worried i would leave due to not many hours.....hell no! They are stuck with me!

Good things come to those that endure years of crap!

11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Hell yea dude! You’ve been through enough you deserve it

Bushman5 likes this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

My Father was not only a heavy duty truck & marine diesel/gasoline/VW air cooled/Deutz Diesel mechanic, he was a math, science, drafting, metalwork, woodwork, small engine/auto engine, welding etc teacher to Thousands of students, and me. He was also a Musician , guitar, banjo, stand up bass, keyboard. He was in a band when i was young, called Pink Alert, in Crawford Bay BC. Buncha hippies hahahahhahahahaha

he had this solid state Japanese turntable, a high end dual cassette player and recorder/mixer, and a VERY HIGH END solid state studio grade reel to reel tape recorder/player and a pile of vinyl records. Everything from 50's, 60's 70's and even 80's! Nice integrated amplifier, and a set of tower speakers.

so imagine me as a kid.......finding his records.......Moody Blues, The Jackson 5, Micheal Jacksons Thriller.......of course i snuck those onto the turntable and played it loud.......:D when he was not there, nor Mom......... ;)

I was a a geeky, 50lb kid...but i had MUSIC...........and a sound system......so I was the cool nerdy kid.....

Boy did i get an earful when Dad came home that fateful day when i decided to play Moody Blues In Search Of The Los Chord 01 Ride My SeeSaw..................a "wee" bit LOUD! :D did not even hear his VW van rumble in.......the look on his face....the look of panic on my face.............:confused:

I think my dad would like this played loud now. :)

going to take a long while, legalities etc......but that old venerable sound system, and records, and 60's era gibsons electric bass, and everything ,will most likely be passed to me. The 60's Gibsons bass is in new condition, recently appraised by Gibsons themselves for $6000 CDN.

I cannot wait to play Ride My SeeSaw again.

13. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

breakdown of society....step by step....

brilliant movie

HOW IT ENDS

on PopCorn

DiscoveryLover likes this.
  14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

IDK why but these “older songs”. Always sound better on “Older” setups! I’ve tried listening to songs like these on different headphones, and stereo and I’m not impressed... they just don’t sound right anymore... About the only way they sound good is on a pair of plug in, purple, travel Beats headphones I have.. I have no shame rocking me some purple headphones when I want to hear some good music! :)

@Bushman5 not sure I can get into the Ride me Seesaw.. But I do appreciate a good copy of Knights in white satin :)

Drew RedBear and Bushman5 like this.
  15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Anyone know of a good custom patch maker? Looking for a run of about 10 patches. Ideas ?

shaneadams90 likes this.
  16. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@shaneadams90

On a random note... I have found the forum to be a little buggie recently... More then once now I have posted a reply and I see it shown in a thread and later that day it is gone.. Or it will show a double post and then later disappear... I have even submitted a new thread and it shows in the sub forum and later disappears...

What both these scenarios have in common is if I go back to the thread or go to post a new thread all the info I tried to originally post shows in the text boxes like it was saved as a draft instead of being posted..

A specific post for example is my above post about custom patch makers...

IDK what the heck is going on... VERY weird...

17. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Smoky Mountain Patch and Supply do great work and are good dudes. I used them to make custom patches for a previous business and was very pleased.

https://smpas.com/

As for the buggy ness thankfully that one isn’t on my plate. Like all websites/ especially highly interactive ones like this there are constant updates, plugins, and fixes to address. I’m sure our crack team of IT experts are on it.

Team = @Jeff Randall

18. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

I need somebody, anybody, to talk me out of *into* an ESEE 4.

Pretty please.

An uncoated and a stainless version worked their way into my cart somehow, and are now battling it out to see which one ends up on a FedEx Boeing 767 from Memphis to Vancouver, and ultimately to my door...

Drew RedBear likes this.
  19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

@Reno Lewis I’d go stainless for your climate with the compact TKC scales. One of the best little belt knives for the money IMO. Very capable and a great shape.

Drew RedBear and Reno Lewis like this.
  20. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

I'm strongly leaning towards the carbon, not because I don't like the rust resistance of the 440C, but because I like the extra toughness of the 1095. And the warranty that comes with it.

Plus it's cheaper. :p

And believe it or not, I actually rather like the stock micarta scales. Definitely picking up an OEM kydex sheath with it though.