Casey-Birchwood "Brass Black"

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Bushman5, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

@STPNWLF wanted to see some before and after pics of Brass Black in action. Can be used on brass, copper and bronze only (yellow metals)

Safety First: this stuff is poisonous, will blind you, and eat your skin. Use nitrile gloves, eye protection and keep the pets and chilluns out the room. If you get some on the floor or workbench or counter, CLEAN IT UP with a rag and wash with hot water to get rid of residues. Contains SELENIOUS ACID & FLOUBORIC ACID

some pics

[​IMG]

to use: clean metal extremely well, then wipe with lint free cloth and acetone to remove all traces of oil. Do several times. Brush or dip item with Brass Black and leave for one minute. wash with cold water and wipe with clean dry rag and buff it out to your liking or repeat application.

Here I have a simple copper match case i made, im rolling it around in a glass jar for several minutes.

[​IMG]

rinsing. Now after you rinse it there will be a lot of powdery black oxide residue, this comes off with a rag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after buffing with clean rag

[​IMG]

shiny copper end cap vs Brass Black Copper. Bit of a patina, i find it works better with brass....

[​IMG]

untreated brass VS treated brass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you guys with firearms probably work with this stuff more than me, feel FREE to chime in here with your tips.

Kaw-liga, STPNWLF, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  2. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Thanks @Bushman5 , that brass nugget thingamagigger looks pretty cool.

Zeek likes this.