BWMODSFFBM and Other Ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Slade, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Slade

Slade Member

If there is one remaining mystery to me in the knife world, it is in the naming scheme for all things Busse. Thankfully Busse Kin don't fall into this nonsense much.

I have watched and tried to passively learn but I just can't seem to put it all together. Anyone here brave enough to take a stab at decoding this jargon for the rest of us? I for one would appreciate it. Not because I feel the need to own a bunch of Busse steel, but we often despise the things we don't understand, and I can't begin to gain any appreciation for the work if I can't distinguish the models.

Oh, and for the record the BWMODSFFBM is a Blade West Military Overrun Desert Sand Finish Fusion Battle Mistress, but I'm sure you already knew that.

JMJ and DSD like this.
  2. DSD

DSD Member

Damn....i saw a movie like that once,it said : S.H.I.E.L.D ,but i forgot what it stands for...;)

JMJ likes this.
  3. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Because no one is ever busy actually using their knives, they have plenty of time to keep up with unnecessarily sophomoric attempts at being cool and impressive.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

To be correct... it should have been MOFBM (the source "Blade West" and finish, "Desert Sand" do not form part of the naming convention).

Klynesquatch likes this.