Bleed Kits on a Budget

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Jtallen83, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Had an opportunity to buy some Celox gauze packages at a reasonable price so I decided to put together some kits for serious bleed events. I have been giving these to co-workers and family as I put them together. I have about $10-$11 in each kit, cheap compared to what many on the market go for. The Celox is over half the expense. The RAT tourniquets are chinese made versions but I figured including a cheap version was better than not including one at all. I also wanted them to be compact enough that I could actually get people to carry them in there computer bags, book bags, or just keep one in their glove box. I try to give a quick rundown on how to use the stuff when I hand one out, more often than not they look at me like I'm a nut and maybe I am.

Contents are 2 ea. 4x4 Celox gauze pads, RAT tourniquet, 2 ea. large surgical gauze pads, surgical gloves, emergency blanket, and 7-8 foot of duct tape. I have a couple dozen cheap medical shears coming, if they work I will include them. Any ideas for something I should add would be great, trying to stay inside the quart size ziplock bag.
    IMG_0924.jpg IMG_0925.jpg IMG_0926.jpg

Bushman5 and Hammer like this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

99.9999% of the bleed kits are WAY overpriced!!!!! esp the TQ's , celox / quickclot and dressings.

a CAT TQ has 5 cents of velcro (even cheaper bought in bulk), 1 cent of plastic........yet it costs over $40-60 for one.........i can buy a 20 man industrial fak for that much (ands thats retail $)

a bleed kit should cost less than $5.

like your kit!