Belt Rigs

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Hammer, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hammer

Hammer Member

Thought I'd share a setup I've recently put together and been experimenting with. I don't think of this by the common term "battle belt," as I think a real battle belt is built with a specific mission in mind. I'm not in the military and I'm not going into battle, thus my choices are fundamentally different.

I put this together with the idea of having one belt rig that can quickly and easily do double duty between being a basic range/training belt and a 'bump in the night' belt.

In the former role, it offers 2-3 mag pouches, a pouch that holds a small blow-out kit and my gloves, another pouch for my phone, and a holster. I'm intentionally not letting it get any more complicated, or heavy, than that.

When I get home from the range I throw on a Surefire 6PX/Thyrm Switchback and a Ka-Bar TDI and it's ready to go within a few steps of my bed (and my pistol safe) if something's going down in the middle of the night.

Love to see if others have put together belt rigs along these lines (or with other purposes in mind) and what kind of thought has gone into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dennis Adams, HelRaiser, Zeek and 5 others like this.
  2. IW17

IW17 Member

What belt is that? Looks comfortable.

3. JV3

JV3 Member

nice setup! i have something similar - just bare bones and unlikely i'll add anything else to it. the dump pouch i've found works well for me as a shotgun ammo carrier (just dump it all in there)...from testing i can reload just as fast, if not faster, than a dedicated shotgun ammo carrier...and i can carry more ar mags too without adding another pouch.

[​IMG]

i haven't researched a molle belt yet so for now i've zip-tied my blue force gear micro trauma kit now! pouch...because of the rubbery texture it grips the belt pretty tight that i can pull out the insert easily without it moving on the belt.

[​IMG]

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and Hammer like this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Member

It's a High Speed Gear 'Duty Grip' belt. And yeah, it's really comfortable. Right now I have a One Tigris Cobra belt threaded through it.

The Marsh Gorilla, IW17 and Zeek like this.
  5. Menace

Menace Member

Here's mine. Wear it into battle almost every day
    20181010_223246.jpg

6. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

Is that a Maglite ring or do you carry a PR-24?

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  8. Menace

Menace Member

It's a mag light ring, but I keep a surefire 6px defender between my mags and my radio

And a streamlight pro tac HL in my pocket. Working at night, I'm never out of arms reach of a light

The Marsh Gorilla and JV3 like this.
  9. JV3

JV3 Member

the molle pouch for my tourniquet didn't really like being mounted on the belt (moved around too much both horizontally and vertically when i pull up on the cat) so just bit the dust and bought the hsgi sure-grip padded belt and taco pouches.

[​IMG]

10. JV3

JV3 Member

i added a mag pouch to the strong side (i'm a lefty). i forgot if it was larry vickers that gave that tip in case the support hand is injured or i'm holding something, etc. - drop the empty mag then re-holster the pistol...then insert the full mag and re-draw the pistol and use the slide release and it's good to go again...it's faster than reaching for the other side for the spare mag and the cartridge's orientation is correct.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JV3

JV3 Member

this is my setup during the day when i'm in the backyard or something...safariland qls lets me reuse the same holster...i'll eventually put another female side underneath my truck's steering column so i can click it in while driving and mount it back on my belt when i get out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Hammer

Hammer Member

Recent updates to my belt rig, motivated by wanting to trim down a bit:
    • Replaced the 5.11 mag pouches with ESSTAC double mag pouch.
    • Ditched the 5.11 dump pouch in favor of the TAD, which is almost as big when expanded, but half the size when packed and takes up way less real estate on the belt.
    • Pulled the HSGI Pogey Pouch off the back and replaced it with a Maxpedition Janus pouch I had laying around, which is a bit smaller. This still allows me to pack an Israeli bandage, surgical gloves, gauze, bandaids & ibuprofen, and the RATS tq fits nicely in the outside sleeve for quick access, but doesn't budge if I'm running, etc.
    • Shifted the TDI sheath to a horizontal orientation. Still easy to deploy with either hand.
    • Added a belt clip for attaching gloves, etc. when needed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams Member

My woods rig. Wilderness Insructors Belt. Speed Strip in a wallet. 3 Mil.
    Crimson Trace grip

image.jpeg image.jpeg

14. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Hey @JV3

You can weave the back straps like this for belt use. Belt pictured is the 5.11 belt

04624618-5ED2-493D-A08B-2B17788BF491.jpeg