ATV/UTV/Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by TerryD, Jun 7, 2021.

1. TerryD

TerryD Member

We've been working on this Kawasaki Bayou for a couple months now. It's my middle daughter's bike. She's been helping me get it fixed up and Saturday we got to spend our first day on the trail.

She's been a little whiny when it comes to working on it recently but I think this lit a fire under her to try and finish it up.

Not many pictures since I was essentially teaching her how to ride as we went but she did great and I'm pleased to announce the bike didn't burst into flames. LOL.

received_1917337188428047.jpeg

I'm pretty happy with how the old thing ran. Didn't miss a beat all day. And she wasn't exactly easy on it either.

On the way home she kept saying how much she enjoyed it and was excited to get to go again sometime. Hopefully we can get out soon.

ASH and Strigidae like this.
  2. ASH

ASH Member

We used to pick on the little 220 Bayous when I was young. My cousin was basically given a 300 bayou when he bought his RZR 900XP. When I started working for him the carb was flooding and leaking and it wouldn't run. I think someone had lost some parts for the air filter, so I ordered the parts and fixed it. Then I found a old pair of tires they had taken off of the Gator and put them on it. After that we straightened the frame where it had been wrecked. I used it for running around the property for a few years after that. I just remembered that one had a lever to lock the differential, down by the gear shifter.

The starter had a bad spot and sometimes you would have to use the pull start. My cousin got on it one day and the starter didn't work so he grabbed the pull rope and it started on the first pull, which was normal. Then he asked why didn't everything else run like that, the oldest thing around is the easiest to start.

TerryD likes this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Moderator of the Century Staff Member

I remember selling the 300 Bayou NEW when i worked by first real job out of school in a bike shop. We supplied them to a number of horse studs in the area and they used the bejesus out of them and they kept on ticking !!!! Back then (which decade we shall not go to) 300-450cc were the LARGER versions here.

TerryD, ASH and Strigidae like this.