Annual Cleaver Photo

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Expat, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

For those of you not on the Facebook, here's the annual cleaver picture of how it's continuing to age. Once again, it doesn't get pampered. It gets rinsed off and sharpened. If I've ever put oil on it, I don't remember it now. I'm sure it has some rust under the scales. Don't know. Don't care. It's a user. As all knives were designed to be.

And I continue to use it daily, both in the kitchen and outside to baton kindling.

The laser etching has remained almost 100%, which is a very pleasant surprise. I had no doubt the steel would last forever, but I figured the logo would wear.

April192020 Cleaver.jpg

For comparison, here is the same cleaver (Ser. 001), circus February 2017 when new. I've put different scales on it since then, and we never did go with that prototype sheath, but otherwise, it's the same knife.

So, y'all can buy with confidence, knowing that you'll have this kicking around the kitchen or toolbox drawer for a couple of decades. And it will only look better....

February 2017 Cleaver.jpg

STPNWLF, TerryD, BobbyRatTail and 4 others like this.
  2. Emac

Emac Member

thats really aged nicely. A CL1 is still on my radar...it'll happen one of the moons

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.