An interesting UL PSK exercise.

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by C99c, Jan 4, 2019.

1. C99c

C99c Member

Occasionally, and more often lately, I've been doing some longer trail runs with a new to me group of people.

Although there is a wide margin of age and ability among the group, everyone is pretty fit and we all lean towards the UL side of what we carry, to varying degrees.
    There are a few with just handheld water bottles with key/phone/whatever pockets, some of the stretchy waistband pockets that have become popular and a couple of us sometimes wear the race vests (by Salomon, Nathans, UD, etc.).

My gear varies depending on where and when we run and what setup I'm trying at the moment but always includes a Chums Marsupial wallet with my UL PSK.

https://www.chums.com/wallets/marsupial-wallet

A couple of the others have noticed it before and I've used some things out of it once or twice (for non emergencies, mainly for quick clothing/shoe repairs). The last time out a husband/wife pair in the group showed up with a small kit in Marsupials. This led to a conversation which ended with everyone else deciding to buy them and put together a kit and we're going to have a show and tell next time we run, which will be probably in February.

I don't talk gear much with the group. It's just not that kind of social situation. We often compare and comment on shoes, water bottles, layers, etc but that's about as far as it goes. A couple of the others carry knives on long runs. Small folders, Victorinox Classics and such. Small boo boo kits. One guy carries a J-Frame. He hides it well, but you notice stuff when you've been concealing guns your entire adult life.

I think it will be interesting, and probably quite entertaining given some of their personalities, to see what everyone shows up with. I'll try to remember to update this thead after it happens.

gobblegobble and JV3 like this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

I'd forgotten about this as our group has kind of dispersed (new job, kid's sports, a canceled divorce, two injuries) but bumped into one of them this weekend. She informed me that, besides the small repair kit like mine contains, you can also get an entire package of peanut M&Ms into one. So there's that.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.