A Million Harbor Freight Pocket Knives Recalled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solo, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Solo

Solo Member

People “should immediately stop using the recalled knives and return them to a Harbor Freight Tools store,” the U.S. Consumer Producer Safety Commission detailed in a news release. Consumers who do so will receive a $5 gift card as a full refund.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/10/11/harbor-freight-knives/

I don’t carry my Benchmade very often. My Expat Medellin is always with me. A good tool is a safe (as can be) tool. I have not bought a cheap knife but once. The Byrd was it. That just sits in a drawer to remind me that I wasted money on something that could hurt me.

JV3 likes this.
  2. C99c

C99c Member

@Solo, I'm a big proponent of not buying crap made in China, but I wouldn't classify a Byrd brand knife the same as a folder sold at Harbor Freight. They are very well designed and Spyderco stays on top of QC at all of their factories, regardless of where they are located.

JV3, Zeek and Solo like this.
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm more surprised they actually sold a million of their knives! i'd like to see them carry victorinox.

Drew RedBear, goon and Solo like this.
  4. junglebum

junglebum Member

I have had two Byrd’s and found them vary good for a $20 knife beat the heck out of them with no issues

Solo likes this.