Police Recruitment....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy the Aussie, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

2. Black5

Black5 Member

By the time they got to the bloopers I could barely see them for the tears in my eyes!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D

3. Andy the Aussie

My favourite was the the Commissioner doing "Commissioner Stuff"..... !

4. DiverLiam

DiverLiam Member

Showed this to a kiwi guy on my team, the first thing out of his mouth was: “Seems they don’t want any white males to apply”, followed by “Yeah its a bit embarrasing”.

Bushman5 likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

You nailed it mate.... !

Bushman5 likes this.
  6. Rich275

Rich275 Member

And this is who we try to recruit in 'Merica!

And a classic recruitment video from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!

I'm in the third patrol car and am the deputy with the sunglasses who comes in and kneels on her head. We had a whole lot of folks coming to test with us after this episode aired back in the 90's.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    chorpie likes this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ CRAP...that last one is the kind of crap we dealt with in the ER Psych Assessment Unit admitting

:confused:

8. Black5

Black5 Member

I'm tellin ya. We had one yesterday we met at the maintenance hallway doors, cops brought him in shackled, he got chemical restraint before the chains came off. Apparently went off in the court room and tried to persuade the judge he didn't need to be in jail by pounding on a couple deputies and a bailiff.

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I miss working that field.............but i do not miss working that field.......

case in point......four (4) RCMP (big mofo's) and 2 Campus (UBC) Security (even bigger mofo's) bring in a violent drug/booze laden girl, mid 20's uni student , who was off her meds and became psychotic at a fraternity party.

I just JUST , literally 6 hours prior, had gotten my climbing lizard tattoo inked on my right shoulder.

during the admittance, she was physically and verbally violent. The ER Doc ordered IM injections x 2 of Haldol, plus leather restraints. 4 police, 2 campus officers, and 4 ER security Code White Responder's (us) attempting to hold her down on the floor mat.

She somehow broke free and clamped her mouth and bit down like a pitbull on my shoulder. Right on my fresh tattoo. There was an insane amount of blood (mine) and her saliva mixing.......and flowing down my arm. The ER doc literally punched her and attempted to control her head from moving.

everyone in the seclusion room is suddenly looking at me as i'm screaming.....and then I shut it off and squeezed her nose shut. She gasped for air, opened her mouth and the team pulled her back. ER Doc slammed that Haldol into her thigh and the Triage nurse followed with a second Haldol IM.

I was lying on the floor at this point.Bleeding and in severe pain. Two nurses and a RCMP lifted me up and put me into a bed in the ER, and i got blood drawn for HIV/Hep/etc tests. They then administered 4 different injections of Anti-retro-viral cocktails.

For an entire year i got to get blood drawn every month for infectious disease testing. As well i got a coffee cup full of anti HIV / HEP meds every month. For a year.

still NEGATIVE.....thank god.

I loved working the ER/lockdown/etc but it took a toll on me.

Black5 likes this.
  10. Black5

Black5 Member

I had a kid bite down on my wrist. Still gave the marks. :confused:

Me and Cipro began a relationship.

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i had bad reactions to all the retro viral meds......puking etc