recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I had them in my F150 and I have them in my F250. They're definitely worth the money. I've read that Husky mats work just as well and they're generally less money. I was going to go with Husky for my F250 because I'm always broke, but I found a like new set on Craigslist for DIRT cheap ($40, I know, you're allowed to hate me). They tend to come up a lot because the 2011-2012 F250 foot-wells are a different design from then 2013-2016 F250, even though the exteriors are identical. So guys that upgrade from a 2011 to a 2013+ truck have to buy new mats.

Anyway, in my truck before my F150, I didn't want to "waste" the money on fancy floor mats and I figured I'd just work extra hard to keep it clean. Nope. Dirt and mud always find a way. I spent two days scrubbing and cleaning the carpet in that vehicle before trading it in so I'd get the best trade in value. molded fit floor mats are the absolute best thing you can buy for a truck if it ever sees anything other than city streets.

Michael W. and Boker55 like this.
  2. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I tossed about 300lbs worth of landscaping tarp, mud, dirt, roots, and critters into the bed of my truck yesterday. I had to get the wife to help me drag it all into the bed because it had to have been 200+ feet of it and it was heavy as hell. It's been sitting in the woods for God knows how long. Probably 10 years or more. No idea why it was back there, but we're clearing out the little wooded area on our land and I needed it gone.

When I got to the dump, the only place it could go was in a container that was probably 8' high. I was by myself and had to shove all of it over the edge. My entire body was covered in mud and dirt. I did NOT want to get back in my truck, but I had no choice lol.

I'll be scrubbing my seats down at some point this week when I get the chance haha

[​IMG]

3. BigJake

BigJake Member

I've killed a lot of deer with one of those. Great gun.

Zeek likes this.
  4. IW17

IW17 Member

If I had it to do over I'd buy the huskies. My buddy has them and in addition to being cheaper, they fit better.
    I know the feeling. I do what I can but at some point I just acknowledge that I bought a truck cause I needed it for truck purposes. Don't get me wrong, I take care of it in the maintenance sense. It's just impossible to use a truck to its potential and keep it pretty. There's always gonna be beauty marks left over that tell a story.

5. ozbushy

ozbushy Member

Just picked up a Zt 0450cf

Zeek likes this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Air filters, plugs and fuel filters for both my Stihl saws, plus some spare bar nuts as I am bound to loose one in the bush again. Some Libre, Lesbian, Lepto, Lepros....awww feck....some kind of big knife thing from South America..

Zeek likes this.
  7. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

That's what Bruce Cambell said in "Army of darkness" and you see where that got him :confused::eek:

8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I would be happy to have the saw permanently attached to my arm.... hummmmm...

Zeek and STPNWLF like this.
  9. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Till you go to scratch your crotch:eek: or wipe your @zz:eek::eek:

Zeek likes this.
  10. Nether

Nether Member

11. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

More small diameter paracord. 275 and type 1 cordage.

[​IMG]

Michael W., JV3, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

pics of your South American lesbian knife?????? :D

re: chainsaw bar nuts: buy like ten of them, and spraybomb them neon orange. Makes it easier to find them. Put a zip tie thru the spares and toss em into the chainsaw tool box.

Zeek and IW17 like this.
  13. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

NICE . looking forward to a review with action pics

Zeek likes this.
  14. Nether

Nether Member

Nah. There are far better reviewers on YT. The only thing I could add that I don't recall people saying is that it has a delay when turning off the light. A half second (or more) delay before it actually turns the light off. Not sure if it's just mine or normal.

Here's a shot not 10 mins ago in the backyard. Fence is roughly 15-20 yards away.Max output - 1500 lumens. I doubt that's OTF, but who knows ? Maybe it is. It's pretty bright. But I have another Olight that's 2500 lumens, so........But for it's size, it's a nice little powerhouse. It's a good light for EDC/Night wandering.I also purchased the neutral white version, as they were out of stock on cool white. That said, it's the most subtle neutral tint I've ever seen. I rather like it. I don't particularly like overly warm/orange-ish tints. This one is more soft white. I never even noticed the tint at all. Meaning it's very neutral friendly. Not seeming to be too blue or too orange or too green. Just neutral. I will actually try and look next time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    STPNWLF, Zeek and koolaidnd like this.
  15. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

Wow! I'm jealous of your snow!

JV3 likes this.
  16. Nether

Nether Member

Move to Canada. After a few weeks you'll be talking about how nice Florida sounds. :D

koolaidnd and Zeek like this.
  17. artigas

artigas Member

Bought a Rhino Ironworks safe. It's pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

timdgsr, bax229, Delkancott and 7 others like this.
  18. jafo

jafo Member

Cool looking safe but they seem really expensive. mind if i ask what you paid?

19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I will definitely have one of those one day. Also wanna get one of their tool chests. Badass man congrats.

artigas and Zeek like this.
  20. artigas

artigas Member

Yeah, the tool chests are pretty awesome. I like the desk they make too.