Mission Workshop x Kingdom Armory Unagi

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Bobo03, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Bobo03

Bobo03 Member

2. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Sadly to me it looks like every other midtech out there by curtiss,shirogoroff, reate, olamic, etc...

Bobo03 likes this.
  3. Bobo03

Bobo03 Member

I agree. I've lusted over a few KA knives over the past few years. I like that it is running on washers, I think I'm a about done with bearings. The finger grooves bother me. I think the spacing may be off for my hand. The lack of a lock bat insert is odd in 2017, but who am I to question it.

4. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

$400 for 154CM and a knife that looks like every other Boker? No thanks.

5. Bobo03

Bobo03 Member

Which model Boker? I'd like to purchase it.

The steel choice is odd and pretty much the same reason I never bought a bad monkey, but I this k the steel wars are little overdone by the average user. The majority of people won't notice a difference in steel. It sounds nice to say that your knife has s300vs dragon steel, but does it really matter?

6. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

While I agree, most people won't even notice a difference in steel - a lot do. I don't really like 154cm. I consider it usable, at best. It tends to be soft and rolls a lot. I can tell a difference between 154 and S30V and I can tell a huge difference between those and S35VN. I use and sharpen my knives though. There are a lot of people out there that don't sharpen their own knives. Those are the ones that most likely won't be able to tell much difference between the steels.

I don't think there's an exact Boker knife that's similar. I was more saying that for a limited edition knife, it's pretty cookie cutter. The name associated with the knife and the limit of 200 pieces are the only things that demand the price tag. The design and blade steel are basic, at best.

Bobo03 likes this.
  7. Bobo03

Bobo03 Member

Thanks for giving your opinion. I was trying to like it more since I've always wanted a KA knife. I'll keep waiting.

8. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I'm sorry, I was having a bad day yesterday. After re-reading what I said, I sounded pretty ****ty.

If you like the design, I see nothing wrong in buying it. For the price, I'd prefer a bit nicer steel though. There's nothing wrong with a plain jane titanium slab either. Hell two of my favorite knives are the Grayman Dua and the Sebenza. They're about as plain as they get. In that price range, I've found some really nice titanium Benchmades, which is something I never thought I'd say! haha.

9. Bobo03

Bobo03 Member

I didn't think you sounded bad at all. It is the truth. I like that knife around 170-210 max, I was just trying to make myself like it more. Your opinion kept me grounded. It isn't worth 390 In my eyes and I think that is exactly what you were saying. I've got an Olamic 247 on the way, not a fan of the bearings, but maybe I'll keep it for a little bit.

Bcamos likes this.
  10. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member