Kershaw knifes

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by S.Keyes, May 17, 2017.

1. S.Keyes

S.Keyes Member

Can't afford any Zt knives right know . Any Kershaw knives you guys recommend?

Kaw-liga, Zeek and mwramos76 like this.
  2. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Everyone seems to like the skyline. I've handled a Blur that was pretty nice. What are you planning on using it for. Might help filter what you are looking for.

Kaw-liga, S.Keyes and ASH like this.
  3. ASH

ASH Member

I like the leek, but it has a very fine, thin tip. I also have a chive, it is a nice small knife. I always hear good things about the blur.

Kaw-liga, S.Keyes, Zeek and 1 other person like this.
  4. S.Keyes

S.Keyes Member

EDC .

Kaw-liga, mwramos76 and Zeek like this.
  5. ASH

ASH Member

Oh, I forgot about my needs work. I really like that one too, it is a pretty stout knife. It is a little on the thick side though. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the USA made Kershaws.

6. ChristopherRC

ChristopherRC Member

I don't even carry folders any more (until I pony up for a Chris Reeves) but I have had great experiences with the mid range Kershaw knives ( not assisted opening cause I don't like assisted opening in general). My wife has carried a leek since we met. She loves it and works flawlessly with minimal maintenance over the years. I'm glad you started this thread. These guys make a great folder for the Money. I can't afford ZTs either but I'm just not willing to pay for a folder what I would for a fixed blade. All my knives are work knives and need to take a lot of abuse, so I carry fixed now but Kershaw always checked all the boxes for me when I lived in an urban environment. Love kershaw

S.Keyes, Zeek, Kaw-liga and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

+1 for the Skyline and Leek. I own a few of both and they work out well for light pocket knives. Great bang for your buck IMO. All of mine have Sandvik steel blades. The Sandvik blades have impressed me with edge retention, ease of sharpening, and rust resistance in/around salt water. I've touched up a Blur quite a bit for a buddy who does not know how to sharpen. It's a great bargain considering that they put an S30v blade on it. The edge has never been a nightmare for me to sharpen even when the edge gets dull and chipped. I don't care much for the recurve-shaped blade so I don't own one.

S.Keyes, ChristopherRC and Zeek like this.
  8. nathan shepherd

nathan shepherd Member

+1 for the Skyline. It's a great little blade.

Kaw-liga and ChristopherRC like this.
  9. Nordac

Nordac Member

Ontario Rat 2

Personally not a big fan of kershaw knives. Though the Cryo II stays in my car

S.Keyes likes this.
  10. AdamF

AdamF Member

I have a cryo II as well. It's not a bad little knife. Doesn't hold an edge quite like I would like. Pretty tough though.

S.Keyes likes this.
  11. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Their auto's don't have a very good reputation, Avoid the launch series for it's failures to lock open 100% of the time.
    Ontario Rat model 1 in D2 is legit. I like the uncoated version.

Mountain Mike likes this.
  12. Nordac

Nordac Member

In my honest opinion buy a Rat 2 the stick $20 away each month and then buy a Super solid knife

Zeek, Mountain Mike and S.Keyes like this.
  13. Mountain Mike

Mountain Mike Member

Kershaw is just okay for a budget blade. I'd go with the Rat series knives before Kershaw. I prefer AUS8 over the Chinese alphabet soup steels, plus I can't stand that nearly all of their flippers come with speed safe! I'd go Skyline if going Kershaw (no assisted mechanism, no Chinese soup steels!).

S.Keyes likes this.
  14. S.Keyes

S.Keyes Member

Yeah you guys talked me into a Rat 1 and Rat 2 . I really like them and I agree I'm not big on the speed safe either .

15. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Stout knives that perform above their price point, you're unlikely to be disappointed.

Nordac and S.Keyes like this.