Ayahuasca

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Patt Holloman, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Patt Holloman

Patt Holloman Member

otis likes this.
  2. otis

otis Member

it's a thing i'd like to try. don't really want to wait 'til my death...

3. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Been there, done that, have no desire to do it again.

Strigidae likes this.
  4. james gormley

james gormley Member

I dont blame you.

5. Jeff Randall

I can tell you from first-hand experience that it's pretty much bulls*t depending on what you want. Been through several of the Peruvian jungle Shaman ceremonies (participated in one) and it works differently on some folks than others. The main thing we found with those who had their "journey" is they had already put it in their own brains of seeing what they wanted to see. The guys, like me, that said "I'll try it but don't believe in this spirit world crap" pretty much drank the alkaloid poison and puked it up in about 30 minutes and had no wonderful experience of seeing Jaguars. It's what you make it. If you buy into it, then it will work for you. The Shaman got pissed at me because I sat there and was normal while everyone else was seeing ghosts. He came over and blew a little more smoke on me, chanted louder in my face and then wanted me to drink more. I said no and puked up what I had drank and left it alone. I'm not into the hocus pocus jungle magic. You can get anyone high or sick but for them to ride jaguars through the jungle and soar with eagles takes a little bit of your own willpower, mind and wanting to believe.

Stone, Acedoc, Dagwood and 3 others like this.
  6. wilas101

wilas101 Member

I have a brother in law that used to talk about changing into an eagle and flying over the land, watching over his people. He was always talking about his tribe and how they would do things in the old days when he was chief. He would chant songs and stare at the wall a lot. Sometimes he would wipe his hand over your shoulders because there was a devil there.

Meth is a helluva drug.

The weirdest part of the whole thing.... he is the arrow head / tool finding'est s.o.b. I have ever seen. You could plop him down in the middle of a bean field and he'd walk out with an arrowhead. I decided it's because he remembers where he left them.

Jeff Randall likes this.
  7. Jeff Randall

Exactly, wilas. Why go to the jungle and do Ayahuasca when you can stay home and do acid or some other drug. It's all the same. I don't care what all the spiritualists say about Ayahuasca being different. That's pure BS. It's an extracted poison in the truest sense of the word.

Stone and Strigidae like this.
  8. wilas101

wilas101 Member

My experience in the jungle would have probably been more pleasant with some sort of hallucinogenic.

At the very least a trip over to Colon to see what kind of antibiotic resistant STDs the prostitutes had.

9. Patt Holloman

Patt Holloman Member

I've had great experiences with psilocybin (been a long time) and the molecular structure between psilocybin and DMT are kinda similar ( I think), so been curious bout it. Jeff, I agree that if your not doing it 4 a specific reason such as some1 using it to treat PTSD or something of that nature that 1 will not have a "breakthrough" experience. Mainly I'm curious 2 see the effect it has on helping my anxiety ... And maybe it'll help me figure out my left from right hand. Hahaha

10. JHansenAK47

JHansenAK47 Member

I had a friend that did DMT, he said he was so high he **** the bed. Literally **** in his bed.
    Personally I have never done DMT or ayahuasca but have done other things and knew a bunch of hippies in high school using drugs for spiritual enlightenment. I really don't buy into the whole spiritual drug experience. Seeing other people have spiritual experiences while tripping out impressed on me the fact that you are under the influence of a substance. People can legitimately have spiritual experiences but the longer one spends time down the rabbit hole the more akin to the mad hatter they become.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  11. Stone

Stone Member

One among several reasons I left the west coast was because this kind of thing -- spiritual enlightenment via drugs, the express route that doesn't involve sitting naked in a cave in the Himilaya's or joining a Lindisfarne monastery, was so common. So many flakes over on that side; far fewer on this side.

Never did the big A -- even though I had the op twice. Didn't do DMT either, but know some who did. Some claimed it was life changing. Others said they remained fuzzy for days. One dude never really fully recovered; remained a basket case as long as I knew him, which wasn't long.

Just not my thing, I guess. I tried the mushrooms three times -- but they literally immobilized me physically, could not even crawl, let alone walk. Tried acid in my 50's a few times -- also overrated IMO -- and even E. When I did the latter, I thought, "what's all the excitement about? This is similar to my normal state."

Just give me a little weed -- legal here now -- and some good beer on weekends -- along with lots of big woods and quality bushcraft gear. I'm a happy camper.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    The Marsh Gorilla likes this.