Club Sebenza anyone??

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by mwramos76, Sep 8, 2016.

1. IW17

IW17 Member

There's a cocobolo mnandi on usn for $280 that's really tempting me. Such an elegant knife.

GaryMc likes this.
  2. Yardman

Yardman Member

That seems like a good deal.

GaryMc likes this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

I see anyone baton a folder, my first thoughts are dumb dumb dumb including NutnFancy in his videos. None of them were built to survive batoning. Not even as a last ditch effort to survive is it worth trying, I wouldn't even try it with my Grayman SATU which is the most overbuilt folder on the planet.

4. JAD

JAD Member

@GaryMc -- I trust you aren't overly offended by my torture test. I probably should have placed a stronger disclaimer before I posted such an egregious act. This was my curiosity (scientific or otherwise) getting the best of me. One of the guys on the old forum posted a picture of his ESEE 6, bent like a crescent moon, in the middle of a log he was splitting. I would never recommend someone doing that to his knife. But I have a damn good idea of what an ESEE can take and I am suitably impressed. Consider my Strider the sacrificial lamb for a similar outrageous act so the rest of you don't have to. I was once again suitably impressed with what that folder can take. The best part is that it is still riding along with me everyday. It was my risk only, and would have been my loss only, as well. Believe me when I say I was prepared to find out that I had taken the knife beyond repair and would have lived with such outcome.

I have a friend in the DEA that showed me a Glock 19 with over 10,000 rounds through it. He claims that he has never cleaned it. Wants to see how much grime it can take before malfunction. Dumb? Maybe, unless you are trying to determine just how hard you can push a firearm. It was not his service pistol.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Zeek and GaryMc like this.
  5. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

No offense @JAD and really no offense at trying it, your knife so a test even if expensive test is OK, just saying they were never intended for it. You are not the first I've heard of doing it or seen trying it, dumb just comes straight out my mouth every time I see or hear of someone doing it. I've heard people say well I might need too if the right survival situations arose, which I always call BS on as doing it you are intentionally damaging or breaking the one tool that might save your life had you not gone that far. You can almost always find small wood for use but you need that blade otherwise to get a fire built (shavings) or self defense, or whatever.

On the DEA agent, as long as it's not his primary to save his life no issues either his gun and it will clean up when he gets tired of the test.

JAD likes this.
  6. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

image.jpg

Zeek and GaryMc like this.
  7. IW17

IW17 Member

What has two thumbs, and is finally rocking his first CRK, a sebenza insingo? This guy! ;):D IMG_20161215_182604397.jpg

mwramos76 and VolGrad like this.
  8. Yardman

Yardman Member

Could someone tell me how to put this small seb back together with grease and centered.

I get it centered but tighten the screws and it sticks.

How the heck do you keep the washers on while dropping it on the pivot

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  9. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

The dabs of grease should hold the washer to the blade.

ETA: there are instructions on the CRK website.

10. Yardman

Yardman Member

I tried that. It's just once I get it back together it's tight to open.

I know the washers are spinning. I can't figure it out

Like the grease is locking it up.

About to give someone a good deal on slightly used sebenza.

11. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Don't do that. Send it to me, I'll take a look at it and figure out what the issue is. Most likely, the washers are switched around or you have too much grease. Or you're pinching a washer somehow. My turnaround will be a lot faster than the CRK spa.

12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I'll tell you how I do it. Mind you I stick all the hardware in from the lock side first while doing it.

I put one washer down on the lock side and grease it, put the blade on the lock side (in the open position), place the stop in the lock side, then place the other washer on top of the blade and grease that. At this point all the screws and spacers are in from the lock side and it's only missing the presentation side scale and the screws that will go through it. Then I lay the 2nd scale on top and thread all the screws in, leaving them loose until everything is 100% lined up. Then I tighten them starting at the back. The pivot gets almost no pressure but enough that the blade has to be opened with purpose and not flipped and also enough to keep the centering proper.

JAD, mwramos76 and Bcamos like this.
  13. Yardman

Yardman Member

After 59 tries I think I got it better. Still not as good as it came. I used very little grease. Let me see how it goes. I might take you up on that

Bcamos likes this.
  14. Yardman

Yardman Member

So is the inkosi any easier with the large washers. This really isn't exactly easy.

15. Yardman

Yardman Member

Tightening screw from back forward just helped.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  16. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

If you decide you've had enough frustration, let me know. For me, the biggest thing was using as little grease as possible.

17. Yardman

Yardman Member

That seems to be a big part of it.

18. Black Train

Black Train Member

I picked this one up a few days ago. I am still trying to get use to it.

[​IMG]

Zeek and artigas like this.
  19. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Here's a pic of my once CRK knives...
    IMG_20150616_171600.jpg

The Large 21 was traded for a full Umlindi package. The small 21 is on hold for someone and the 25 will go to Quill Artistry for a change.

Zeek likes this.
  20. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Who did you trade that 21 to? I, drawing a blank, but it doesn't seem he made it to the new forum. Drove a ranger.