Email notifications and 2 factor authentication

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Issues' started by beestokk, Mar 10, 2024.

1. beestokk

beestokk Member

Hey all or @Strigidae - I've been having trouble getting emails from the forum - biggest issue as a result is it is preventing me from getting 2 factor authentication codes to log in when necessary. Today I had to use a backup code because the email never came through, despite trying multiple times to have an email sent.

I had a similar issue over on Bushcraft USA and they had to address something to correct it, believe the email provider had made a change that BCUSA wasn't aware of.

Also - is there any way to update my email address for my current user name? Or do I need to make an entirely new account if I want to use a different email?...think I read that somewhere here once some time ago...

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Can’t help you on two factor @Jeff Randall may have to speak with tech support to see.

You should be able to update your email from your profile settings. On a tiny phone just now so am not going to try and explore it.

ASH, beestokk and Strigidae like this.
  3. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

So Google has made a lot of changes and demands on servers they have to comply with otherwise they blacklist the server. It's created a nightmare for us for the past couple of weeks so I suspect some of this has to do with that. I will reach out to our server administrator and see what we can do to help out, if anything.

ASH, beestokk and Strigidae like this.
  4. erik

erik Member

subscribed - had similar issues a few months back and gave up on the 2FA.
    would not mind turning it back on if the email thing gets straightened out.

beestokk likes this.
  5. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Give it a try when you have time since our server folks were working on it last night.

beestokk, erik and Strigidae like this.
  6. beestokk

beestokk Member

Thanks for the replies @Jeff Randall and @Andy the Aussie . Much appreciated. I know the BCUSA issue seemed to be with Google and/or Gmail, perhaps other email providers too, as it appears to be here for me. I'll try again and see what happens and report back.

And it does appear I can change my email in the user settings - I think my issue is actually that my preferred email is tagged to an old username now that I think of it....

EDIT - just tried to log out and back in but this device isn't due yet for repeating the 2 factor authentication so I can't tell you if it's still an issue or not.

7. beestokk

beestokk Member

Just had to login again on a different device and the code came right through - @Jeff Randall - heads up if that's valuable info for you and the server folks. Seems much improved at least today! Thanks for the help! @Andy the Aussie @erik

Strigidae likes this.
  8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I just had exactly the same experience with logging into my laptop just now. Cheers

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    Strigidae and beestokk like this.