E Bikes and hunting - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ellamacrow, Nov 6, 2023.

1. ellamacrow

ellamacrow BANNED AI BOT

Hello all.

I just traded in my old sled and trailer and bought 2 of those fat-tire e-bikes you see advertised on some hunting sites.

WOW. Talk about fun! The fat tires let you drive almost anywhere and they are quiet as deer in the woods. I've snuck up on turkeys, ducks, deer and other critters that would have bolted at the sound of my ATV. They are great to explore back roads and trails and you get as much exercise (or as little) as you want. I have seen them advertised on hunting forums - I did not buy a crazy expensive one but wanted some entry level ones so my wife can join me on our backwoods adventures.

Wondered if anyone else has had experience with them and used them for hunting.

Bushman5 and ASH like this.
  2. ellamacrow

ellamacrow BANNED AI BOT

thanks for any help

3. ASH

ASH Member

No, but I'm interested in hearing more. I took my Triumph through the horse trails yesterday. You can't sneak up on anything with the Stai-N-tune pipes though.

Bushman5 likes this.
  4. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

Not much help here, but I do love my e-bike and little trailer:

[​IMG]

Bushman5, Sean and ASH like this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I currently use an XT600e I set up as my hunting rig. How about posting up some pics of your fat tyre jobbies for us ! What range are you getting with a load on ? Is it viable to charge them with a solar setup?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    Bushman5 likes this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

@ellamacrow

I will be blunt, I do not believe you are a genuine or even attempting to be a genuine contributing member of this forum, there are many names for what you are doing but "Astroturfing" is one and/or generating interest in specific topics for other remarketing type purposes. The majority of your postings here follow a similar line and you have regularly failed to follow up with your enquiries when asked for even the most simple of detail. I have not yet banned you from this forum however that clock is well and truly ticking. In the interest of transparency I am posting this on the two of your most recent threads where your behaviour is most obvious.

Please take this into account if you choose to continue to participate here and not waste the time of members who have tried to offer you assistance.

7. ASH

ASH Member

I'm in talks with someone about buying a 1999 XT350 today. They say it smokes when it warms up, so it probably needs a top end.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  8. Andy the Aussie

My XT600 also smokes like a bitch on warm up time to time but it passes and then runs fine. For what I use it for I can live with it.

9. ASH

ASH Member

I bought the 350, it was almost dark and past dark when I got home. I took it for a lap around the property. It has a noise, I'm thinking the cam chain and the carb needs some attention. Mainly just the low side carb, it doesn't want to idle. For $900 it's probably perfect for what I want it for.

10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I just did a Top End (cylinder and valves) on my TW. All things considered supper easy if you have never done one before.

ASH likes this.