Interest in MA/New England RAT Class

Discussion in 'Randall's Adventure & Training®' started by Delkancott, Jan 27, 2023.

?

What RAT course would you want to attend in Massachusetts?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2023.
  1. Field Survival

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Advanced Bushcraft

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Land Navigation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Morning all,

I wanted to post here for New England members. I have emailed @Patrick Rollins to determine the viability of my farm for a RAT class, and as part of this exploration process, I wanted to reach out to see if there are any forum members here who would want to attend a class in southeastern Massachusetts. Regarding price, the total student count will ultimately determine the price. Also, this is information gathering, there is no tentative date.

Please reply here, or message me if you are interested, and what class type you'd be most interested in. I have my own opinions, but wanted to question the group.

Thank you all.

https://www.randallsadventure.com/training-courses/rat-courses

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

With a sense of detachment available from across the plant I will say that there are a bunch of places that are doing "bushcraft" both in person classes and online, useful skill without question however I think "bang for the buck" from the RAT people (come the apocalypse I am sure that will be a well known term) is for people to take the more challenging/rewarding/skill set courses that get them out of their comfort zone and challenge their thinking, reasoning, acting and physical ability. I can learn to carve a bowl or braid my leg hair online in the comfort of my bunker....I mean garage...what I can't easily do is pose myself a physical challenge while sleep and food deprived (while safe and with guidance).

I have done a few courses that put you under different kinds of pressure, as much of the learning you gain from these is understanding your own capabilities/strengths and weaknesses as it is a new skill.

Sorry just my two cents. Off to the shelter to knit some socks before the weather turns cold now..... :D

Delkancott likes this.