The "I wish ESEE made it" thread

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by jeeter, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Blueridge knives handles that warranty.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  2. zefeng ruan

zefeng ruan Member

I think those are designed by esee,but not made by esee, so they are not back up by esee warranty

3. Bozho

Bozho Member

And with a liner that doesn't go all the way to the right after an year of use!

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  4. zefeng ruan

zefeng ruan Member

Esee coffee, esee MADE folders, esee spoon and forks

5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

My mistake, I thought esee handled it.

Strigidae likes this.
  6. Black5

Black5 Member

I'm just going to say a CR2.5 but with a three inch blade.

And I'll leave prior to banishment now.

7. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

I was sorta wondering if Esee has ever considered doing a 5 with thinner blade stock? Kinda like the difference between the bk2 and bk10. I think it'd be cool to have a lighter weight 5

8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

The jg5 and laser strike are probably the only 5 inch blades they'll do. But I'd love to see a 3/16" 5 as well.

Emac likes this.
  9. gearpinch

gearpinch Member

1. An ESEE 3Mil with a 4.5” blade. Basically an ESEE 4 but with the thinner o.125” 1095 blade stock of the ESEE 3.

2. A spear head that I can lash unto a makeshift pole (to use for fishing or cutting fruit from trees).

3. A Tomahawk head because it’s cool.

The Marsh Gorilla and Bozho like this.
  10. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

For Clarification:
    RAT 1 - Designed by Jeff and Mike...Made & warrantied by Ontario

Zancudo, Avispa, Churp- Designed by Jeff and Mike... Manufactured & warrantied by BRK

Medellin- Jeff & Mike designed manufactured and warranted by ExPat (same warranty as ESEE essentially)

11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

The JG3 with contoured scales

Stray Round likes this.
  12. Bozho

Bozho Member

I only want them to get rid of the amazingly crappy made leather sheaths. Good leather material, but the retention absolutely sucks. For the price, the sheaths need to be either molded plastic or kydex.

For example the CR 2.5 - great looking blade, but having to pay a big amount for a good sheath after the purchase is a big NO for me and most people outside of the US. I still regret getting the 3 and 4 HM with leather, should have waited for the kydex, as now I need to pay a lot of cash to get the newer factory kydex.

2 sheaths + shipping, tax and VAT would be probably 120$ for me, but that's the only way to be able to carry these otherwise incredible awesome blades, so I will break the bank - have no other choice.

IMHO hard use, all weather blade can not use a leather sheath. Talking practicality here, not looks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  13. Caleb O

Caleb O Member

ESEE 3 “Backpacker” model. Lose the choil and move the blade back to the finger guard (thus reducing the overall length.) Skeletonize the tang (reduction in weight), and create a slight cavity on the inside of the scales, this drops more weight yet maintains the feel of the knife from the outside. It could be argued that the Izula is already the perfect backpackers knife (I hiked with mine over 850miles at a stretch), but for those who want something that still feels more substantial in hand, this would be a great option. Lighter and shorter than the standard 3, but still with the same 3 grip profile.

And since I always say it: ESEE pukko and Leuku

Skip808, Drew RedBear and Bozho like this.
  14. The General

The General Member

Just picked up the ESEE 5 (have a 3 and sold my 4 for the 5), and it has immediately become my go to knife for everything.

I can't thank the team at ESEE enough not only for the real life attention put into the function of these knives, but more importantly your knowledge. It matters when your knife is what allows you to live day to day.

While I truly believe your knives are good as is, my only request is the ESEE 5 in the the thickness of the ESEE 4. Thank you guys again.

sv4 and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  15. shaneadams90

Appreciate it. You might take a look at the Laser Strike. Same thickness as the E4 with a 5” spear point

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  16. shaneadams90

We have more complaints about our knives being hard to remove from our leather pouch sheaths than anything. I’ve got a saved link to a YouTube video on how to tie a snake knot lanyard to assist people in removing the knife.

I can’t recall a single complaint about a leather sheath not having retention.

Bustedaw11 and Strigidae like this.
  17. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

This! I’ve got both and after I filed a choil into my 5 it’s like having a normal and heavy duty version of the same knife for the most part.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  18. The General

The General Member

Sorry, I should have been more specific. A knife with the same blade shape as the 5, but with the thickness and grind of the 4. Basically, a big brother to the 4 that's not as long as the 6.

sv4 likes this.
  19. Bustedaw11

Bustedaw11 Member

I'd been told the same thing about the retention of the leather.. I've always believed that a leather pouch style was meant more for the knife to sit in rather then be held tightly like a molded or kydex option. Obviously you don't want it falling out when you bend over, but not "clipped in".

I'm going to pick up a model or two with the leather and give it a go myself to see. Something classic about a leather belt sheath that I'm a fan of.

20. Bozho

Bozho Member

I wonder if these guys wrote the complaint immediately after they have received the knife? If so - then yes, it is true. However within a week or two of use, the sheaths get very loose - they have the retention of a sock after some use. I'm a huge ESEE fan, but you know it's true.
    Again - the material is decent, but the lack of wet forming makes for a bad retention. Leather looses over time.