Habits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delkancott, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Howdy all. Random question. I’ve been evaluating my life and habits in a prolonged effort to make my life easier and maybe a little more successful. I am curious what some of your simple habits are that you find effective in easing your day?

Off the top of my head, I setup my coffee maker to grind and brew the night before so it makes coffee while I’m getting ready. And now this is not necessarily about just doing things faster, more just how are your habits improving your life.

knife forum right?

2. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

I leave dummy notes for myself alot. Not always able to prepare for the next day at work so I leave a note on my wheel on what I need to grab etc so the morning rush doesn't involve too much brain power

3. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

I'm lucky just to find my pants every day.

4. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

Just sleep in them ! Problem solved and you'll have an extra 5 minutes every morning now that you don't have to hunt them down. Win win

5. Zeek

Zeek Member

Stop wearing underwear... ;)

6. anomad

anomad Member

Consistent daily exercise is probably my "keystone habit" as they would say in the books.

I know if I can get a workout in before the day starts the rest of the day I can say, well at least I worked out. I also exercise before eating anything. And of course daily exercise has many physical and mental benefits.

7. Bozho

Bozho Member

I absolutely agree! My body requires strength excersice and active movement, otherwise all kind of odd pains emerge. Staying 8 hours on a PC kills the back, even with an ergonomic chair. This and reading a book would be my daily routine.

Drew RedBear and Delkancott like this.
  8. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

One of my habits is when i get back from a hunting or camping trip is to do a complete run through of all gear. Get knives resharpened and cleaned. Dry or clean everything and get it set back up for the next time. Learned a lesson being lazy once and ruined a tent. Not a daily habit sad to say but one that has be beneficial to me.

Drew RedBear, Bozho and Delkancott like this.
  9. olderguy

olderguy Member

Due to age and retirement my entire life outlook has changed for the better. Take things in stride and tackle needed tasks sooner than later (what else do I have to do ?) Most important is embrace the things I like to do.