Flashlights and only Flashlights!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Why bother with color when you will strip and etch it? HA HA HA!

Bozho and Drew RedBear like this.
  2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Hmmm.... Never thought of that.. Lmao! I could try etching one though..

Strigidae likes this.
  3. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I am not responsible for mishaps. :)

Drew RedBear likes this.
  4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

It was your idea, I couldn't possibly take full responsibility now.. Lol

Strigidae likes this.
  5. Bozho

Bozho Member

Here's the current line up, I have one more in RCR123 but never use it because its battery sucked big time. Olight high discharge batteries haven't been good in my experience, but the regular 18650s they have branded have been great. Their flashlights however have proven to be very reliable and the local distributor offers awesome warranty and is a great guy.

The largest one - M23 - is an amazingly versatile light. It throws far, has some spill to it, doesn't drain batteries too fast and with a diffuser it is 100% utility indoors. The M1X is holding as an EDC for 5-6 years now.

1633732171571171932565833545446.jpg

KnOeFz, Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Here's what I have so far. The lumintop with the lanyard is a UV light. 20211008_174555.jpg

KnOeFz, Bozho and Strigidae like this.
  7. Mraz

Mraz Member

I'm a fan of L-shaped flashlights/headlamps, I have four od them now, all Skilhunt products.

Great quality, great design, lightweight, choice od LEDs, choice of LED temperatures, great UI's, magnetic charging, choice of optics (TIR, reflector, diffuser)... hard not to love them.

My favourite is a modified one, I've put a custom boost driver and an XHP.50.2 high CRI LED inside.

I also have few "throwers" for hunting and searching game and few "basic" ones for my kids.

Bushman5 and Bozho like this.
  8. Robert Anderson

Robert Anderson Member

I have been very happy with all of the Lumintop small lights. The first ones I purchased a decade ago still work today. The newer lights have the glowing tail cap, which is really nice when you half turn them to ensure they don't get pumped on. With the tail light you have a clear indicator that you've turned far enough.
    I like their Tool line because the pre-memory versions used to start at the lowest light setting. All flashlights should ramp UP. With memory they start where you left them, which isn't actually an improvement for my use.
    Nice lights though.

I used to buy 4Sevens, before they just got too expensive. I've found nothing better than Lumintop in the bang for the buck catagory.

Wasn't until I was hitting reply that I realized who I was sending to. Hope you like the TKC scales I sold you, I'm liking the TKC compact scales that I replaced them with.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I actually sent the olight I got back. The tail cap just felt and sounded off, like it was gonna break any minute. The lumintop have done well and seem to be built really good, as does my wuben C3. I'm thinking of getting the lumintop one with the side button and bunny (can't think of the name off hand) but the one for about $50. For the price and functionality it has it seems like a great deal.

Yes, liking the scales a lot but only using one so I have a dual tone lol. Thanks again for a great transaction.

10. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Anyone have this light? Like it? Held up ok? I'm not sure about paying $60 for a light but I've been wanting a fenix for a while now. It has what I'm looking for, rechargeable 14500 and can run on a regular AA battery. It's a good size and while the Lumens aren't the brightest, I think 320 lm will be just fine lol. Screenshot_20220321-151806_Chrome.jpg

Ballenxj likes this.
  11. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Yup, been carrying mine for something like 5 years. I like the fact that it uses a single AA battery. Good for when you need to see where your going at night and don't have your main light. Not real bright but just enough.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Yeah I don't need anything excessively bright for edc or camping/hiking. I have a wuben C3 that's 1200 lm but I'll never need anything else that bright and it's too big for edc imo.

13. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Mine fits unobtrusively in my pocket along with other stuff. It's been there like I said around 5 years.
    I like it. It's a life saver when you really need it.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  14. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Sounds like a good light then. Appreciate the input!

15. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Yup, 5 plus years later...
    Fenix LD12.jpg

Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  16. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Still looks pretty damn good. Have you tried other 14500 batteries in it? I have a couple from lumintop but they don't have the capacity that the fenix one does. Also, an exact fenix replacement 1600 is $10. I'm not paying that much for one battery lol.

Ballenxj likes this.
  17. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Thanks. I just use Duracell AA batteries for the most part. Once in a while a highly reputed off brand.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Gotcha, and thanks

19. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Now this Fenix is the big brother and I've had it just as long. It's the Fenix UC40UE. The UE stands for ultimate edition. At the time it was one of the brightest pocket flashlights having 900 lumens. It has a Fenix specific battery that costs around $70. to replace. It was also considered a multi fuel light because of the variety of batteries that would work, and work no matter which way you stuck the battery in. Don't ask me how they did that? :confused: Pardon the crappy cell photos.
    Fenix UC40UE.jpg

20. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Ended up ordering this set and should be here tomorrow. The e01 was basically free, so couldn't pass it up. Screenshot_20220323-202236_Chrome.jpg