Izula 2 sheath

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Canadianknifeguy, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Canadianknifeguy

Canadianknifeguy Member

Not sure if this is here or not already

Backstory so I’m one of those paranoid people who have an irrational fear of things going wrong even if they won’t (yes the scouts say be prepared lol).

my question is I just got my izula 2 today and looked at the detents on the sheath and noticed them kinda rounding off and leaving a little plastic coming off. I understand that it would be Normal as it is breaking in. I guess I’m just asking the life expectancy of the sheath as a edc?

Maurice DeLaune likes this.
  2. Maurice DeLaune

Maurice DeLaune Member

Bro, my clip plate is developing rust from EDC literally every damn day for two + years, and the knife has yet to fall out. I wear it horizontal appendix mounted, and I do a lot of outside work--no detent failure yet.

3. Canadianknifeguy

Canadianknifeguy Member

Thanks that’s what I have read and such again irrational things…..I mean esee makes great trusted outdoor gear right?!?! Thanks again

Maurice DeLaune likes this.
  4. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Have had my Izula for years and the sheath still holds strong. It does show quite a bit of wear but it is mostly cosmetic...

5. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

I have had an Izula 2 since they came out many years ago, it rode in my front pocket for the first 2 years and never cam out of the sheath. It has been neck carried and strapped to bags and is now the misses edc and still no sheath failure.

6. Stray Round

Stray Round Member

My experience with the Izula sheaths is that they will work until you lay them down somewhere or drop them where they can't be retrieved. Or maybe drop them in a campfire but I fortunately haven't tried that yet...

Love the Izula and Zancudo sheaths and wish ESEE had similar for all their knives. Solid, durable, versatile and modifiable.

7. Canadianknifeguy

Canadianknifeguy Member

Thanks for the reply’s I’ll try not overthink something that doesn’t need to be thought about.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  8. Bozho

Bozho Member

All of the plastic sheaths have this initial wear on the detents, but they hold good retention for years.