Current Favorite Esee Hunting Knife?

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by NMCoyoteHunter01, Sep 10, 2021.

1. NMCoyoteHunter01

NMCoyoteHunter01 Member

I have a Esee 3HM that I’ve only gutted fish with but am looking forward to hopefully processing a deer with it this fall. What is every one else’s favorite?

2. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

In my not so vaunted opinion the Izula is the most perfect factory blade yet created. I can’t count the deer, pigs, fish, and other game I’ve used it on. It’s so useful and small. :). My hope is for a “IZ 3” version someday at about 1/2 the current thickness…talk about a flesh eaters dream. That would be the shiz naz.

3. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

The E3 is hard to beat for that. Im a fan of the four and looking forward to trying out the s35v E4 this year on some large game. However, I wouldn't feel under knifed with an E3 if thats all i had. Id look into the AGK or Xancudo as well.

4. Skip808

Skip808 Member

Esee 4 for sure. Been using it about 5 years now consistently. I tried the Izula but liked the bigger handle for comfort.

My son uses a 3 and has never wanted to switch. I had him try the 4 but the blade was to long for him at the time. He was in middle school back then. So I ordered the 3 and he loved it.

Lostviking and CCMI like this.
  5. longbow2240

longbow2240 Member

E3457704-5D5E-4919-9D9F-0DA9496AC0FB.jpeg Izula or Esee 4 is all I use. Mainly Izula

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  6. Justin Bohnett

Justin Bohnett Member

I used a JG5 the first time I ever processed a deer. The knife tip, grind, and blade shape made short work of my doe. I'd really like to give the AGK a whirl if I ever stumble into extra funds.
    20201007_103954.jpg

7. W.Jester

W.Jester Member

I love the cr2.5 for any game.

Lostviking and Skip808 like this.
  8. Ossian

Ossian Member

I would say the esee 4. I’ve used mine on deer and antelope. I did use my 3 on a deer last year to see how I liked the smaller blade. It’s a good performer with the thinner blade stock. I still prefer the reach of a longer blade. Maybe I’ll try the side by side and compare.