Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ASH

ASH Member

Is there a 3d printer thread around here? I'm interested, it seems like you can make some useful gadgets.

2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Just a little rant here, sorry. I have a roommate that is also friends with Harold (my retired air force friend) and Harold and his wife are going through some financial issues. They've helped us out, a lot, and Harold has given me a lot as far as outdoor gear and such (he's been hoarding that stuff for years lol). Well we went out the other day and they were gonna pay for our lunch, after telling us that the usps has lost over $800 in cashier checks for a bill, so I wasn't going to let them pay so I did. Then we were at the pawn shop and he wanted some AR mags so I got him a couple. Not bragging about what I did but just to pay back some kindness. Anyway, yesterday the toaster oven went out so we were going to get another one today. I have enough in my account to get a decent one and so that was the plan. That didn't happen. I wake up and text my roommate which one to get, if she was already at Walmart. No more than 5 minutes later she walks in with this huge toaster oven saying that Harold's wife got it for us and that she was already at Walmart when his wife, just happened to be there? This is not the first time she's done that. We both earn decent money and we need for nothing. Harold and his wife however are hurting at the moment and it's out turn to help them out, not letting them but a $80 toaster oven. We don't need one this big or expensive. It just irks me people taking advantage of others, especially when they're older. She said his wife insisted, but she should've insisted not to let her. Harold and I do give back and forth. He gives to me, I give back, but little things like books, knife hardware, camping. Luckily he don't know how to order online lol. Apologies for the rant.

ASH and TerryD like this.
  3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Boo Boo the bear as we call the local problem bear..
    Boo Boo decided to bend my humming bird feeder pole in half today…
    Slightly impressed he managed to bend the pole in half.
    Also slightly impressed that the pole was able to stay firmly in the ground while a bear bent the top part in half..

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get any photos of the crime being committed … I discovered a few hundred photos of the dog running around the yard… And a set of dead batteries in the trail camera..

[​IMG]

4. ASH

ASH Member

I was supposed to spend the 3-7th in banner elk, NC for my 40th birthday. I decided I didn't want to go at the last minute. But it kind of worked out for the better so my girlfriend can watch things at her barn since her senior worker has covid. I stopped by a friend's shop on the way to the bank today and now we're going to the beach to work on a boat tomorrow.

I'm riding the Harley down and she driving down after work.

5. Skrewy

Skrewy Member

Recently took a 5$ pay increase at a job setting up equipment and I'm using company provided community tool box most setup techs have there own roller and since I'm new I'm at a decision making point do I invest in my own box plus tools maybe a small essential tool carry bag or the old hand me downs that are left in this community box. I wish there was just a place I could go to just buy it all in a set. Like I use to fix and sell stihl chainsaws and they offered a complete set of tools and box with just about everything you would need. Trying to track down like a combo 3/4 and 9/16 ratcheting wrench shows vary limited options I'm tired of looking and the 5$ raise is going to be spent once I have to buy the stuff I need. Company will work with me on some reimbursement but it's just a headache right now

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  6. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I couldn’t figure out how critters were getting the food out of my trap and not getting Trapped…

So I completely took down my setup and discovered Boo Boo the bear had actual made a hole in the side of the trap.. I just hadn’t noticed as I put it all back together/ in place in the dark…

The hole is probably 6 inches wide and 2 inches tall… just enough for smaller critters to sneak in and out..

[​IMG]

Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Getting ready to hit my spot and play with the new, to me, junglas :D

Elishea Buckley and ASH like this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Had a very nice and relaxing evening. Cooked some turkey sausages over the fire and listened to the songs of nature. 20210906_193326.jpg 20210906_193335.jpg 20210906_195558.jpg 20210906_203320.jpg 20210906_203311.jpg

Delkancott, Bluelew, TerryD and 5 others like this.
  9. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Not sure where else to put this but I needed this. He's really good and funny and I needed a laugh after these last few days.

10. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

This is why I don't like Tops knives warranty. I have the field buddy 5.5 and it has these squiggly lines that they say are a cerakote issue. If left untreated it'll rust underneath and is not covered. They said I can remove the coating to prevent the rust but that will void the warranty. I can send it in to them but I'll have to cover both ways since it's been over 60 days since purchase. So if I never inquired about the lines and it rusted I'd be SOL. Therefore I'll need to pay an extra $30-40 just to have them fix an issue they caused and be without it up to a month.
    That's why I love esee knives, not just because of the warranty but because they're not ***holes about it. I did contact the knife connection also and waiting on a reply. Their site says the warranty is unconditional. 20210912_165257.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Love the people at the knife connection.. Screenshot_20210913-144616_Gmail.jpg

12. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Love a happy ending.

RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  13. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Me too

14. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Folks at TKC are great

Drew RedBear and RocketmanDane like this.
  15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I received my new hunting longbow yesterday.
    I put the string on and decided to shoot a dozen arrows to try it out..
    I made it to I think 10..
    The bow snapped into 2 pieces….
    Not to happy…
    It’s archery deer season and I am again without a hunting bow…

Drew RedBear likes this.
  16. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

It's still a little muggy but the temps are finally going down. Beautiful evening otherwise. 20210918_185745.jpg

17. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Moonrise and a balmy 65 degrees lol 20210921_201309.jpg 20210921_201342.jpg

18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Taking the day off to catch up on some fishing. Screenshot_20210922-091044_Chrome.jpg

TerryD and Skip808 like this.
  19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Got skunked again but it was pretty windy. It was still nice to get out to the lake. 20210922_120723.jpg 20210922_121215.jpg

Strigidae, Justin Bohnett and Skip808 like this.
  20. Justin Bohnett

Justin Bohnett Member

My Stihl and my Junglas got the job done today. Nothing left to do but relax in front of a fire.
    20210924_190639.jpg