Suggestions for a canvas tent

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Rustingshack, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Rustingshack

Rustingshack Member

I am looking for a nice kind of affordable canvas tent for hunting season this year. But google once again is just showing me the same few crappy sites and reviews. I searched here but couldn't find anything. Wondering if anybody had a recommendation. I have been looking at a couple spike tents but if anybody could recommend a good old fashion wall tent I wouldn't mind building a frame . Also thanks to everybody for the knife recommendations, I now have 4 esees and I love em all. Thanks

RocketmanDane likes this.
  2. ny700

ny700 Member

3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Rustingshack
    I will second the Kodiak Canvas tents. I personally have a 10x 10 which I think is officially the 6 person. It is overall a great tent. The one and only issue I have ever had with it is the slope of the walls. Due to the slope you loose out on space if you use a standard army style and size cot. I recommend using a shorter style and you will not have any problems. This is what I did and have got great and much use from it.

4. Twiztedmind

Twiztedmind Member

We have a kodiak canvas 10x12 cabin tent with awning and it’s fantastic! Pricey in my opinion but it will last for years!