The Knife Connection G10 scales?

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Mr. Tettnanger, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Mr. Tettnanger

Mr. Tettnanger Member

The Knife Connection aftermarket G10 scales = are they worth it?
    I have an Junglas with them. I like them but not sure if i like them anymore than the standard micarta. I have also had a few Laser Strikes with them and felt that they made the knife more comfortable but really didn't get much use out of them before selling off the knives.

I have a Junglas II and a Laser Strike coming and I am thinking of getting a set of TKC G10's for them. They are just so damn expensive! My Laser Strike was $84 new from Smokey Mountain and they damn scales are $53! Maybe my money would be better spent on another ESEE!

2. Kylemeister

Kylemeister Member

I've only purchased TKC scales for my ESEE-3, and to me they were totally worth the money. Completely changed the feel of the knife.

Mr. Tettnanger likes this.
  3. KnOeFz

KnOeFz Member

My 5 & 6 came with the old style micarta, changed them to TKC G10 and couldn't be happier.

Now with the new 3D factory handles I think I' d keep the originals

4. erik

erik Member

the extended scales made a huge difference on my original 4 -- and on my eskabar.

5. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Love the TKC scales on my Izula. Definately worth the money and would highly recommend them. Can't comment on the other models however..

6. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I’ve got TKC’s on an Izzy 2, LS, 5 and a Junglas and I much prefer to hem to the stock scales. I have one LS with custom filed micarta scales simply because a friend did an outstanding job on the pattern.

Mr. Tettnanger and Chris Talley like this.
  7. Elishea Buckley

Elishea Buckley Member

Honestly I wouldn't bother getting new scales. Unless you wanna change your junglas 2 from micarta to g10. But if that's the case I'd just order the orange g10 scales from esee for it. I have tkc g10 on my 3 and my 4 and only like the extended ones on my 4. I removed them from my 3 as it made it just feel like it wasn't an esee anymore. I put the micarta back on my 3 and love it way more than tkc scales. So now I have a like new pair of tkc scales that sit in a Esee box. I wouldn't mind trying a set for my junglas but definitely wont buy them as the esee g10 is perfect on the junglas. I also have a set on my bk9 that now I'm kinda regretting even buying. I unfortunately don't own a laser strike just yet so not sure how they'd pair on that blade. A lot of it has to do with hand size I think. I have huge hands and esee blocky scales are perfect for me. I don't care for perfectly contoured handles. That's my advice as it's my own opinion and knowledge. hope it somewhat helps. If it were me, just buy another blade man. Besides, you can't have enough knives hahaha.

8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

It really depends on how they feel in your hand and if that cost is worth it to you for that feel. If the stock feel great and give you no hot spots then stick with the stock ones. I personally like the feel of Micarta over g-10 but I got tkc for my 6 and went back to stock on my 3 as well. Use the knife for a while with the stock and just see how it goes.

9. MiamiC70

MiamiC70 Member

Overpriced? Yes.
    Worth it? They are to me.

I have them on 4 of my Esee knives. Although, on my Junglas I didn’t feel the need.

10. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

These are taking some abuse already. 083B4520-4B05-4F9D-9D89-9E9E3256319A.jpeg