Check your gear....

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Andy the Aussie, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

BEFORE YOU NEED IT .....always willing to show my own ineptitude to help the group.

When I bought my new TLC a couple of years ago now I also grabbed a new tow hitch recovery point as my old one was beaten up. I opened it on arrival, said "that's pretty" and stuck it in the recovery bag. I am heading away next weekend and took out the hitch for my off-road trailer as I am not taking it and thought I may as well put the point into the hitch to save time if I do need pulling out while we are away. Happy to report that it does not even come close to fitting and would have made an arse of me if I was actually needing it !!!!!! Looks like my mate or his son will score that one !!!!

The only "shining light" from this event was that in searching for one that will fit, length is the issue ( @Jeff Randall - fire away) I both found what I needed and it was on sale (45% off) and from the same seller a 20T soft shackle and winching ring combo also on sale ($225 reduced to $85) for the end of the financial year here.... what's better is the combined price got me over their free shipping threshold.... so some wins and a lesson learned.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Bushman5, Datilite, Skip808 and 3 others like this.
  2. IW17

IW17 Member

I've done this more times than I care to admit. Fortunately it's been with items that had nothing to do with survival or recovery.

Zeek likes this.