SALE: Pro-Tech Knife

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Black_Smith, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

ADMINISTRATOR EDITED
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have a good price for me? Send me a message.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021
  2. Michael W.

Michael W. Member

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  3. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

Buy from me)

4. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Sorry, I only buy from real 75 yr old ladies

5. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

Anyone interested in good knives at a great price always makes a purchase, who just wants to talk, writes useless comments. Truth of the life.

P.s. Considering that PayPal always protects any purchases =)

6. ASH

ASH Member

Truth of the life....

Black_Smith and Michael W. like this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I do not believe that the scepticism raised in a friendly way is unwarranted nor have your responses done much to allay the concerns about the anomalies in your profile. Asking people to rely on PayPal to make it right is also not a great selling point. Maybe also a short stop at the “introduce yourself” thread would help.

Take a moment to look at how you are presenting. We are generally an easy bunch to deal with but don’t tolerate obfuscation or silly games in the areas where $s are exchanged.

8. Twoody88

Twoody88 Member

^^Truth of The Esee Forum

9. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

And soon to be truth of the ban hammer I suspect

Black_Smith and 87Burban like this.
  10. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

Good luck, or maybe I can throw off my documents, if it's true that I'm 75 years old, ready to pay $ 1000 paypal???

11. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

I sell the collection of my late husband, my son helps me in this, everything will be paid for to my personal paypal account.
    if the administration deems it necessary, they will write to me, I will give them my documents, only for them.
    The rest is just talk, but I'm glad that you are active))

12. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

New price 270$

13. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I would apologize for being cautious and calling you out but I’m not sorry...This place means a lot to me and the people here mean even more. They are like my family and I’ll be darned if someone takes advantage of them because I didn’t say something. I’m sorry if you take offense to this but I will lay out all the info I have and maybe then you will understand...

11/21/2019 - You join the ESEE Forums

04/05/2020 - You post a For Sale Thread of some high dollar items. At this point You had been a member for 5 months yet had not posted a single thing...(to many people this is a big red flag because many scammers will wait a few months after joining before trying to rip people off in hopes people won’t look too closely)

04/07/2020–04/08/2020 — You were called out by two people (one of them being myself) to introduce yourself first. You do not take this friendly advice.

04/08/2020 - You upload a bunch of photos of several high end knives into a media album named “knife” but with no comments, specs or any other info.

05/02/2020 and 05/24/2020 — You edit the posts in the for sale thread to each say “Del”. And still at this point have not made any attempt to introduce yourself or be a part of this community. (Other than uploading the photos...many would see this as doing the absolute bare minimum to make it seem like they are trying to be a legitimate seller.

Id also like to add that the timing of this first sale thread of yours of several high priced items (likely totaling at least $1k to $2k) is listed during a time people are scared, uncertain and struggling financially... (often a time when scammers come out of the woodwork to prey on people who may not be in the best state of mind)

05/24/2021 — Exactly one year to the day that you last did anything here (that would leave a timestamp) you post yet another for sale thread (containing another high dollar item) and are once again called out on information that most would find questionable and a lack of interaction on the forums. Once again you ignore the suggestions and try to sell your items using what I consider poor grammar/broken English. (Not anything that I have a problem with but it is another common characteristic of scammers). You reply challenging those that called you out (including a moderator) with more broken English and a sad story of selling something that belonged to a family member who passed with the help of another family member (a common story used by scammers). And you deflect with assurances that PayPal protects...and offer to show documents... (I’m no scammer but I’m willing to bet any person trying to scam people who has spent this much energy and effort is willing and able to provide falsified documentation proving their story... )

So maybe you are indeed who you say you are and your intentions are good...If that be the case I will say I am sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck...
    However, all the information I have provided in the context of how it has come about, certainly points to the possibility of this being a bad deal and gives me more than enough cause to not want to do business and warn those on here that I call family to BEWARE! Take care.

14. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

..... allow me to start by first expressing my condolences for the apparent loss of your husband/father. In the past year the world has lost so many good people but this does nothing to diminish the loss you have suffered.

As for my activity and earlier comment on your thread, that is part of the sometimes thankless task of being Admin ;) here on this small yet excellent corner of the internet. While the marketplace here generally operates on the "caveat emptor" principle, when we see too many red flags appear we are bound to act to protect our membership of whom we are generally quite fond. It remains unclear to us here who (mother or son) is administering this sale, you have no prior history on the forum outside of one previous sale thread with the content now deleted. It was also suggested to you (in 2020) that an introduction of yourself may be in order yet you chose not to. I am afraid that, on face value, there are too many concerning issues on display here for this thread to continue. As such I will edit some of your postings to remove the items listed currently and request that, should you wish to further participate here among our happy band, you take a few simple and polite steps.

1) Take the time to properly introduce yourself (there is a dedicated thread for this you have previously been linked to);
    2) Participate outside the marketplace and;
    3) Understand the reasons people here are reluctant to take your postings at face value.

Regards

Andy

15. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

I won't write to you a lot, I'll just say that I have an ebay account, and I can sell a knife from this account, ebay is a reliable site for you or not? But there you will overpay, and the knife will cost you more, if you want to buy it for a higher price, I can give you a link to my profile on ebay, but you need to buy a knife right away, since ebay prohibits putting such goods on sale , which is why I found your forum and a few others.

16. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

I have an ebay account from which I can sell a knife to any member of the forum. And it's safe for everyone there. But there it will cost more.
    I appreciate any work, including yours, I have more products, I'll just show them, but I think my fate on the forum has already been decided by everyone in this thread)))

ADMINISTRATION REMOVED PICTURES

All the best to every member of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021
  17. Ranger

Ranger Member

Now speculation of having to pay higher prices on scam-bay and a random smattering of nondescript blade pics. To answer your question; no, eBay is not a reliable source for blades. There are probably more knockoffs on eBay this side of Ali express. There is also no price requirement mandating that eBay would cost more for the same item. But nice try.

Only a few of us here fell off the turnip truck; but those that haven’t try to do a good job of keeping those unfortunate few from eating the yellow snow. So don’t go away mad, just go away. Good luck on flea bay.

Black_Smith likes this.
  18. ASH

ASH Member

Even if you aren't trying to run a scam, buying and selling is not the purpose of this forum. Buy, sale, trade, is just a bonus. Most of us come here for the fellowship and to discuss outdoor activities, and learn new skills. Coming here writing in broken english and only trying to sell things just throws up too many red flags.

Twoody88 and Black_Smith like this.
  19. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

Paypal is not, ebay is not, what is? go to the costco to buy? You are always welcome, you can always make a purchase at a cost and overpay, safely.

And here the ebay requirements for the cost? read carefully, if I sell you a knife for $ 270, you will pay more tax, which means the purchase price will increase. Super try.

I live in a free country, and I myself decide just go away or not, and not at anyone's request, especially yours.

And by reputation, you call the number of likes and messages. You just love to talk about nothing, the best reputation IS ACTION. Take an action when buying and you will see that there is no scam. But everyone can only talk and write sheer nonsense and slander !!!

20. Black_Smith

Black_Smith Member

Yes, let it be so, come and communicate, this is your own business, and I can’t and don’t want to hinder this in any way.

I came for another purpose, to sell, I do it, but in the case of me, they prevent me from doing it, and they accuse me of fraud without buying anything, just because one forum member got bored and he wrote about the fact that I am 75 years old.

Who cares what my English is?
    It is your mother tongue, mine is not, are you a racist?
    If I start writing to you in my native language, and you answer me, it will be even worse than my English.

But I treat everyone with respect, each participant of this forum.

In return, I only get accusations, and the words that just get out of here and that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.