WTB ESEE 6 Canvas Micarta Scales and Black Sheath - FOUND

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Elwha, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Elwha

Elwha Member

Anyone have these to sell? I have a pair of linen micarta scales I could swap for canvas.

Also looking for a black factory sheath for the -6

2. RangerDave

RangerDave Member

Just an FYI and you may already know this if so, sorry to be redundant. I too have the linen micarta on my 6 and didn't care for them. I'd read an old thread either here or Blade forums where someone stated the handles for the 5 & 6 are interchangeable and found that indeed they are. I pulled the handles off my 5 and they fit right up on my much newer 6. After recently missing a set here on this forum, I found that I could order the original factory's from Esee. They'll hopefully be here middle of this coming week.

And by the way, the 5 handles feel much more fitting to my large hands and give much more traction than the linen.

Good Luck!
    -Dave

3. Elwha

Elwha Member

Yes, Dave excellent point and I'm considering going that way. Thx!!

4. Elwha

Elwha Member

Going with new scales and a sheath from the ESEE store. Thx guys.

5. RangerDave

RangerDave Member

Mine came in this mornin @Elhaw... much improved (for me) over the slick linen ones. They included the longer screws for the Esee 5 which you won't need; you'll simply reuse your original Esee 6 screws. But this will come in handy later if you decide to dress up with some colored scale liners from USA Knifemaker. That's who Shane with Esee recommended on the PR4 handle liner upgrade and where I got mine for that knife.

6. Elwha

Elwha Member

Yup, we think alike. Love the canvas micarta scales. My avatar has my very old -6 in the pic that have dyed linen scales. Linen is OK but canvas is the bomb.

RangerDave likes this.