Show off your vehicle

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Strigidae, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Michael W.

Michael W. Member

6910DC27-BABC-4A63-8269-D33275FE5850.jpeg 0355407D-F909-4A15-A1CF-6998650B4C0D.jpeg

Me and a friend went for a drive to a small town about an hour and a half from us and we found this.

Datilite, R Stowe, Skip808 and 4 others like this.
  2. TerryD

TerryD Member

That's awesome! I've always been in love with those cars!

3. esee6&3

esee6&3 Member

picked up a stock 2019 Titan Pro-4x a little over a year ago now, built it up to this point and have been nothing but happy with this truck. Traveled from NY to CO and back with my family pulling a 16' enclosed toy hauler that we lived out of along the way. vary capable truck for me, work and play gotta do it all.

IMG_3396.jpg

dhunley1, 480 RUGER, R Stowe and 4 others like this.
  4. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Not my photo( Identical model Stock photo)
    I Have to share that I finally had a vehicle long enough to fully pay it off. So the exact type of truck that below is all mine. I am def going to hang on to this one a LONG time I think.

[​IMG]

5. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

Lately the Tundras have really been in the back of my mind. I still don't know what my next truck will be, but I'm leaning towards full size and I do love Yotas. Congrats on yours!

6. 480 RUGER

480 RUGER Member

Been working on my 2018 Nissan Titan XD. This is quickly becoming my favorite truck ever. Has to be the most underrated truck out there by far. Added all LED lights, 3 inch lift, 35 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Moto Métal Wheels, ARB front air lockers with on board air and a 2 1/2 gallon air tank, Weather Guard Tool Box.......
    744D1E15-AB10-45B5-BCBF-C4C9458403E1.jpeg CE09788C-0A92-49E8-BF0F-B811D03E46B1.jpeg F905F1F3-37B5-4F70-AEB6-EB1CD3E72C11.jpeg

dhunley1, Strigidae, C99c and 4 others like this.
  7. prybry

prybry Member

My mobile ham rig...
    2005 Dodge Power Wagon with a Bethany Pickupper camper.
    Works great for both winter and summer camping.
    3A84C2AF-6FA0-47DC-B37A-0B5D1444AB64.jpeg 07EF54D6-089A-4AD5-BBC3-D95B1A459BF2.jpeg 8924B11F-3AEA-475B-B157-754D5E8C77BD.jpeg AC7D5374-969B-47C1-8D66-4056002D72AF.jpeg 938B3B65-4BC5-485A-A09B-FA28371C4562.jpeg BFA6E27D-D049-4140-AC3F-95CAE0A0695F.jpeg

Bluelew, Boker55, Strigidae and 3 others like this.
  8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I have not done much lately but have some projects in the works......all have an order lead-time of 12-15 weeks I just discovered.... :(

I have been experimenting with storage and such, a bit about I got some MOLLE panels for the back of both front seats, they proved the concept to me but the quality and small bits of the design SUCKED. With some help from "a foreigner" I got some stuff over from the US that is MUCH MUCH better. I have not does the seat backs yet (that is for tomorrow) but I did just go spend five minutes putting in the headrest mounted tear away first aid kit.....

[​IMG]

.....I have not moved the gear into it yet but will do so as I do the reast.

Interesting, the maker is in NC and would not ship to Aus because of COVID effecting international post. From what I can see the package shipping from NC to AL took longer to arrive than AL to me here......strange days indeend.

R Stowe, TerryD, Strigidae and 2 others like this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Packing up between falling rain a couple of weeks ago.... first few days away were stinking hot (my legs are still peeling after getting inadvertently burned in the shade) then a cold front and driving ran arrived. If I had another day there I would have needed to light the fire !!!

[​IMG]

R Stowe, C99c, Boker55 and 4 others like this.
  10. TerryD

TerryD Member

What maker?

11. Andy the Aussie

12. TerryD

TerryD Member

That's what I thought. They are actually in Bedford, Virginia, pretty close to me. Matt and the folks there are really great.

I've gotten quite a bit of stuff from them, including a medium FAK that fits in the OE FAK spot for my Xterra.

R Stowe likes this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

VA/NC/TX/WA.......all right next to each other...... :D

R Stowe and C99c like this.
  14. TerryD

TerryD Member

More or less! :rolleyes:

R Stowe likes this.
  15. Andy the Aussie

Got them fitted but only snapped on pic....

[​IMG]

Bowtie Brien, R Stowe, C99c and 3 others like this.
  16. Andy the Aussie

Other side....still need to add a pouch or two but I want to use it a little to see if my layout will work as well in practice as it does my head !!

[​IMG]

Bluelew, C99c, Bowtie Brien and 4 others like this.
  17. R Stowe

R Stowe Moderator Staff Member

@Andy the Aussie at @TerryD Matt and the BROG crew are great. I've had their stuff in my truck for several years. I'll snap some photos in a bit.

C99c, TerryD and Strigidae like this.
  18. Bowtie Brien

Bowtie Brien Member

I finally got my overland rack setup with AA mid height truck rails and a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. As the designated gear hauler of our group, I cant' wait to have too much crap loaded down on here and get out in the woods. Obviously, there will still be more to come with things mounted direct to the rack like side lights, shovel, etc. OVERLAND.jpeg

Bluelew, C99c, 480 RUGER and 4 others like this.
  19. Andy the Aussie

Working on my "modular storage" solutions.... :D :D

[​IMG]

Not sure if you have "milk crates" in the US (of the same type we do here) but they are literally what milk is delivered to shops in. They are strong plastic, last years and are often found on the side of the road (though not legal to possess as technically stolen - fortunately for me you can also but them relatively cheaply https://www.theplasticman.com.au/products/milk-crate-30lt ). I hardly know of a single man who survived their 20s who at some point did not have home furnishing that were constructed from such crates. Being a lattice frame shyte can fall out of them, a company here have made a number of bags and liners to better utilise the crates (that they also sell) as packing for camping/off-roading. Above are two crates in such bags, they fit neatly two deep on my deck. I will run two on each side like this with my fridge between. They are well built enough (I have seen a lounge built from around 30 of them) that you can place a load on top of them as well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    R Stowe, Strigidae, C99c and 5 others like this.
  20. Boker55

Boker55 Member

Quick solo overnight. Low was sub 20f. Froze near to death even with the hot tent. Too much ventilation would be my guess, but still was a good time.

EB306EE8-6B21-45EE-B3B7-6C0C274AC2D4.jpeg 76B699A7-CEA7-4B02-AFE8-E4F445B92B91.jpeg

R Stowe, Strigidae, C99c and 4 others like this.